Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been collecting and modifying parts for my mini-me swap for a while now. Y8 head with a Z6 intake. its the same basic setup as Downest. I have some PM7 pistons but decided to wait.... plus i still have to pass cali smog.

I gasket matched and polished the ports, lapped the valves a bit, cleaned everything up, made a big order from honda, and today started the install. i think all of the new hardware is just about it. Then its on to wiring and chipping (thanks Matt, and Tom).

End of the day: (in case you didn't notice thats a crx, a ef hatch, and a ridgeline, plus some big pesky 4x4 supercharged ford bronco, can we say torque?)

A6 hardware out:

Y8/Z6 hardware in:

String trick aftermath.....

Spare parts....

Cute dog???

Went pretty smoothly. I'm thinking of going with a CAI or short ram intake because the stock snorkel isn't long enough with the z6 intake manifold. So if you have one that you want to sell please let me know. I prefer AEM or soemthing with a K&N filter. I can't believe how expensive AEM is though for some piping adn a filter.
I also need to pick up a cam gear from Crower down in San Diego so I can put my Stage 2 cam in once i get a gift in the mail from mattminer. Then I'll look into an exhaust. I really want to design my own. I want one with a high flow cat, to a glass pack or other straight through cylindrical muffler where to resonator usually is, then a single turn to a side exit in front of the right rear wheel.
On Saturday I'll probably be soldering up the P28 and wiring my conversion harness into the car.
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and feel free to make fun of the cheapo tower brace that doesn't really do much. :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new view for the other guy:

And yes Tom, it is Rio Red:

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Awesome! It's nice to see that project finally come to fruition. So you're running no VTEC right now? You won't get that to run quite right either without a cam gear. I really like the naked timing belt style you got on there ;) .

As far as intake, I might be able to find you one. I can probably give you one of my AEM CARB approved stickers too. Are you going to be running my map with the cam? Hope it works out for you, it can be a real bitch to keep it idling.

That picture certainly doesn't prove that the car is Rio Red. Are you sure it says R-63 and not P-63?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually Tom, if you pull that little shredded flap of sticker down you can see the R-63. Dude, don't be jealous jus tbecause I have a rare rio red Si with no sunroof!

As far as the motor, its not running yet, just og thte hardware installed. I'm going to wire in the P28 and all the sensors tomorrow and run the stock cam off the stock z6 basemap until I get a chip next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.