Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my '89 CRX Si. I got custom spring rates (350f, 400r). I should get them next week. Anything I should know about the install? Any tricks or traps? I've never installed a set of shocks/coilovers before so this is new to me. I've got my Helms manual and should get instruction with the GC/Yellows. Thanks....

·
Registered
293 Posts
i seam to have alot of problems with the lower rear shock bolts seizing inside the bushings. pretty much the bolt heads will break off and the you have to do alot of cutting to get it apart and then you will be replacing the bushings and bolts along with the struts.

hopefully you wont have that problem. i would go out and spray some pb blaster or wd 40 on the bolts now and then try and see if you can get them to break loose and spin free. if it does you wont have a problem

if you have problems with it i can give some tips on how get get everything apart and replaced..

i dont know if anyone else has delt with something like that but i seam to have to all the time. lol

scarponze

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
And...so you don't have a seizing problem again in the future, make sure to coat that bolt with an Anti-Seize compound before reassembly. :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll start soaking the bolts and bushings tonight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1QWKCRX said:
Well you dont need to SOAK them, just put some on the threads. :wink:
actually, every rear control arm bolt I've had problems with was seized on the shank, (from rust) and not the threads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts