Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
For the first one,

Now THAT is just WAY to much....and OMG I think Im gonna be sick...

The second one, Nice, I always wondered how they worked on the pwoered sol.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
i think i just puked a little bit in my mouth

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
the CRX vid... their video editing skills are just as poor as their choice in bodywork.

I've head about the top for the sol, but never seen one working

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
So, that Del Sol power roof was a factory option? WTF?

I know Honda wants to be a brand for the people in America, with Acura taking up the luxury end of the market. I also realize there is no Acura in Europe or Japan (yet) and Honda wants to be more upscale in those locations, but it's still BS that we don't get the cool stuff.

I'm going off on a tangent here, but even Detroit holds out on us. When I see the cars sold in Australia from American companies (Holdens, Ford Falcons) I get pissed. Ford does it in Europe too, we get the POS old Focus while Europe gets the new one.

North America is the largest car market in the world, and I know we have more model choices than any other region, but I am frustrated with the lack of sense in some decisions like that.

Rant over. Somebody tell those Turks to get a clue.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
It looked to me like the 'sol top just needed some adjustment. The mechanisim aimed the top a little high so it didn't hit the receiving point that it's supposed to at the top of the windshield.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Umm errp...excuse me. :runs to bathroom and heaves:

.......sorry ok as for that top a local guy here in Mich has a RHD drive sol that has that power top option on it.Its a headturner for sure.After seeing his car do that I had evil thoughts of a tow missle launcher instead of the top retractor.
Imagine this puppy comes out when that goofball cuts you off! :twisted:

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I'm not sure on the Holdens, obviously the recent Pontiac GTO was a rebadged Holden Manaro, so GM does possess the guts to bring some of them here. It's upsetting that they sell Impalas and Malibus instead of a Holden Grange for instance. Surely, the cost of designing and homologating a completely different car for our market is more than it would be to certify and import a car that already exists.

Ford however, just says that the Falcon and Euro Focus are too expensive to sell to Americans. Apparently we don't buy high priced vehicles or something. Ford just needs to get past its reputation of lesser quality, and people would have no problem plunking down larger cash for a better car.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
so if you were traveling in the forward direction at 60 mi/hr and your crx weights 2000 lb and you fired a 5 lb rocket with enough power to accelerate it to 400 mi/hr in about 1 second over 6 feet..... what would your car's velocity vector be at the time the rocket hit the goofball in front of you who just cut you off? Assume the rocket and your car have drag coefficents of 0.2, there is no rolling resistance, and there is no shock wave when the rocket explodes...

:D

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'd say that your data would be skewed sir.
Which TOW missle? The Tow,Tow 2A,Tow 2B? They are all of varying weights.
:p :p :lol:
Oh and just for gits and shiggles the basic weight on a Tow missle is about 47 lbs. :shock:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
that widebody... just :puke:

the del sol---nifty mechanism!

and the whole rocket math problem...wtf?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
ollie said:
I'd say that your data would be skewed sir.
Which TOW missle? The Tow,Tow 2A,Tow 2B? They are all of varying weights.
:p :p :lol:
Oh and just for gits and shiggles the basic weight on a Tow missle is about 47 lbs. :shock:
Well I was jsut guessing. The more massive the missle the more interesting the problem.... I'm also not sure just how fast and how far the missle accelerates, or what its top speed is. I wonder if it could get the car to travel backwards???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.