Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna make this kinda a drag car so no interior. I am changing the paint color from red to black. So im going to also paint the interior and engine bay also. I stripped the whole interior out and ive notice the person before me put down about 500 dollars worth of dyno matting. It leaves tar residue on the car and i was just wondering whats the best way to get that off so i can sand? Just a helpful tip never use xtreme dynomatting its a freaking ***** to get off and it cuts your hands up. Also ill post some pics of the steering collum cause its a nightmare of wires hanging and i wanna no wut they are. My car has remote start, car alarm, converted power windows. And they had some powerful subs and speakers and battery was or cant tell relocated to back. SO i have a handful of non stock lines everywhere. Also my car doesnt start becasue theres no batter and the dizzy is dead. Im actually more scared of these wires then taking the engine out.

Ohh also im gonna get some comments about this i dont no if they both work but i have dull exhuast or just a fake one there. I look under and they looked attack (will include pics soon). Its a crx first and im the only one none the less it looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol dry ice doesnt do anything to that tar. If anything it just hardens the bond and it doesnt break up. So im screwed. And its not base tar this is from dyno matting and its alot of tar.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya well i already took the dyno mat(aftermarket) off with out dry ice. Now that its off, theres alot of tar left over. Believe me i used 3 pounds of dry ice and my whole car has tar left in it. Im using kerosene and it is eating at it and breakin it up. but its slow going and the fumes get to u in 90 degree heat.

I got my seat belts off but it took a bit because once i got the torx bolts undone it was still stuck in and wouldnt come out of the lil slit its in. So i just bent the metal thats on the door frame near where the seat belt attaches to the door. and got it out and bent it back. Now thats left to take out of the interior is the dash and ALL THE WIRES!!!!!!! around the steering colum and some of the wires that run to the hatch and fuel tank. (by the way wut its the wire that goes to the top of the fuel tank in the middle of the car.) does it read the gas level? and dude i really need some1 to come and give me a hand on all the wires around the steering collum theres so many that arent stock its not funny. Will buy pizza lol.

I wish i could get some pics up cause maybe that would help me out with the wires.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Fish,
Give us a location and maybe any local rexer can give you a hand...
If I'm close enough I dont mind driving by and helping.(of course there better be beer and pizza near by as well) ;)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the only problem is that im a young gun (17) lol. So if you wanna bring your own beer thats cool with me.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
For the tar I'd recommend some nasty solvent/stripper like goof off or something. An it will take much time, and many brain cells.
For the wiring I'd bring a manual with you into the car and check out the wiring diagrams. It tells you what all the connectors are for, which wires go where and do what. Just pick a starting point, and start mapping them out. A frustrating job no doubt, but I'd just do it systematically liek that. You can even cut the electrical tape and shiething off to follow the wires by color.

GOod luck! I hope somebody near you can come and help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.