Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a transmission rebuild and beautify for my CRX SE restoration project. New bearings, new seals, sandblasted and repainted all bolts and the transmission case. I was lucky...all the synchros and gears were fine, so I didn't need to replace those.

The case was degreased, but was still stained and ugly, so I sandblasted it and cleaned it meticulously before coating it with POR High Temperature Engine Enamel (Aluminum Colour). The pic says it all.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SETI20 said:
Sweet...but what happened to your site?
I remember you had tech problems...not solved yet?
I haven't gotten around to it. :) I've been working full time at my new job... the thought of coming home and working on the computer as well seems a little unappealing right now. hehe

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I finished mine the other night! I used base coat engine paint, looks much the same. Mine has some nasty casting lines though, yours looks smoother. If I had the time I would have sanded them out... but oh well....

I think I'm going to paint the block when it's out for the tranny swap, it looks great and should fight the corrosion too.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It'll also make the engine and transmission easier to clean in the future because the grease won't soak into the metal. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.