Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
While we are on the topic, I need a good, light summer pasta recipe. Something that would mate well with a nice white wine and some good bread.
If I had any ability in cooking, I'd tell you, but...I am cursed to be ignorant in this ability that has been kept from my reaches for decades.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
While we are on the topic, I need a good, light summer pasta recipe. Something that would mate well with a nice white wine and some good bread.
Just cook your favorite pasta "al denta", don't rinse just drain, add a good virgin first press olive oil, some fresh grated parmesan (not the Kraft crap), and salt to taste. Sometimes the simplest recipes with the best ingredients are the best.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Charles said:
MarkWilliamson said:
Just cook your favorite pasta "al denta", don't rinse just drain, add a good virgin first press olive oil, some fresh grated parmesan (not the Kraft crap), and salt to taste. Sometimes the simplest recipes with the best ingredients are the best.
Add some fresh stir-fried spinach to it cooled down in the pan with a few table spoons of white wine, let simmer for a minute and a half.
Add to the pasta along with a handfull of chopped tomatoes (with skin)
Throw in a couple of fresh herbs of choice, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour and a half, until it's the consistency of a salad.

Add bread, and a good beer (or wine) and you're set.
Perfect for picnic's too.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SETI20 said:
Charles said:
MarkWilliamson said:
Add some fresh stir-fried spinach to it cooled down in the pan with a few table spoons of white wine, let simmer for a minute and a half.
Add to the pasta along with a handfull of chopped tomatoes (with skin)
Throw in a couple of fresh herbs of choice, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour and a half, until it's the consistency of a salad.

Add bread, and a good beer (or wine) and you're set.
Perfect for picnic's too.
Mmmmm. And if you are single, this is sure to increase your appeal with women. A man who can cook gets lots of dessert.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.