Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a K26 turbo the other day, wondering if anyone knows much about it. We are planning on boosting the teg and the HF on budget setups soon, but it's not internally gated so not ideal for those setups. What's it worth, or should I keep it? There is no shaft play at all, its just a little dirty from chillin in the back of an Audi 90. I also scored a nice box of ebaytastic charge piping, with silicone couplers and clamps!

So is it worth keeping or should I sell it, and how much is it worth?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
baker_jeff said:
Junkyard turbos aren't worth much to those that know where they can get them. Why not use it on the teg, as with a B-series you'll have a find a custom manifold, and just search till you find a cheap externally wastegated one? Ebay 'gates can be had for $60 used. www.homemadeturbo.com
Yeah, but it's really no use as we already have an HF manifold for either project, and I would rather just set it up with a T25.
And I disagree, I'm not saying it's worth a lot, but I know for sure that most people don't seem to like digging around in junkyards, probably especially so when they try to pull out cast iron exhaust pieces. I've pulled enough parts for people here and on other forums to know that JY stuff may not be worth it's weight in gold, but there are plenty of people who don't have the time/desire to go looking for stuff.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
i picked up a garrett turbo from one of my customers for $10. Had been rebuilt and not used. He had box full of turbos, $10 each, I took it since it was new. Found out it was too small for a b16 like i planned and sold it for $75 on ebay. Even if you cant use it, someone somwhere probably can.

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
CRXBart said:
jfrolang said:
When I clicked on this post, I was expecting a stroked/bored K engine with a compressor on it.

I've never heard of a K26 turbo or anything like it. Sorry.
The Clutchmasters Team uses 2.6l K series. I must have missed the old title. I was tricked into thinking this was something racist. :lol:
The original title was just "K26 Turbo"

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Why dontcha pickup one of RCautoworks D-series manifolds with an external waste gate and throw that on your mini-me? :D

j/king I think you run way to much compression on it.

Curious, is it bigger or smaller than a t25? Ive never heard of a k26 either...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Plan on selling it or keeping it? :D :idea:
I ment to say, I think you may run to much compression on your mini-me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.