·
Registered
952 Posts
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Me want. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Savage said:
my plan would be to take that and convert it to lhd.
Hwaa???!!! I mean it is more practical and all, but wouldn't it be just as easy to convert a lhd to an Sir?

The one has a rough spot on the rear bumper... they better take 1500 of for that, lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
not really because i think it would be easier to tap out the firewall and put in a usdm one and just grab the dash off my usdm one and so on. instead of swapping the front bumper and lights etc, and then chopping the roof off and putting on the glass top, then swapping the the b16.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I think it would definitely be easier to add a glasstop and engine swap than to completely swap out the firewall. The front end conversion is very simple too.

Glasstop doesn't require you to chop the roof off, either. You just have to drill out the welds and weld in the new one. The firewall would be much more involved. There's no heater core or brake lines or pedals or tons of wires going through the roof.

To fully make the car LHD you'd also have to deal with the door panels for the window switches, and the hole for those are bigger on the driver's side, so that means new EDM door panels. The gas and hatch release are also on the wrong side of the floor. Not to mention the mirrors are then aimed at the passenger seat and the antenna is on the wrong side.

If you want an instant LHD SiR, import a VT from Europe.

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Savage said:
holy hell i want one sooo bad. my plan would be to take that and convert it to lhd.
Why would you go through the time and ruin it?

Easier to take a current LHD Crx and swap over the Sir parts to that.
Mkaes more sense instead of ruining a clean, original, low mialge SiR.

AS was said before...
jfrolang said:
If you want an instant LHD SiR, import a VT from Europe.
Paul said:
i love that wheel..
looks like a momo
I have that wheel, it is sweet. Light, very conforming to the hands and easy to handle.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I just realized this, so SiRs/VTs have the "88 Style" seatbelts?
I mean not mounted to the door, but the pilliar?
Sorry its 4am and Im a bit out if it so say....*snore*.....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, they are mounted to the pillar. One thing is because they don't have the door bracing that the US cars have. This is what I was told by a friend that imports. makes sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.