Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't considered these myself yet, as I just put in my new suspension. I want to share a little experience with KSports, as I know they are getting popular on Honda-Tech, and probably here.
Last night I was at the shop, and there was a kid there who has a full KSport system on his Mazda 3, it's less than a year old. Tokicos/Konis and Ground controls can be adjusted in minutes, maybe a little more if you are slow taking the wheels off or something, but the KSports are much worse. It took over 2 hours to lower the car, as the springs don't like to sit low down. This might be some problem with non-double-wishbone suspension, but I think it's indicative of the thought put into product design. We actually pulled the springs out. Anyway, the real reason they got my attention was that one of the rear shocks was blown. The car isn't that low, it's barely lower than stock, he was letting it down now that we have nice weather. I couldn't believe the strut was already blown, the whole assembly was covered in oil. And the worst part... he doesn't have a warranty. So I just thought I would warn anyone looking at the KSport setup, and if you do have one, how do you like it?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
shock body lowering is great. I have direct experience with Ksport, D2, Omnis and Teins.

My roomate has ksports on his impreza, and they have been nothing but good. One of my good friends has D2's on his G20 and they are good too (same thing as ksports pretty much except purple), we had a spacing problem with his tire rubbing on the shock body though.

Now heres my direct experience....Ive had more sets of Tein SS then you can shake s stick at....(ok 3). And I loved them...until I got a set of omnipowers. These omnipowers ROCK! Shock body adjustment makes SOO much more sense. I just cant say enough good things. I ended up putting my Teins on my beater hatch and run omnipowers exclusively on my main car.

Its quite possible that he has a defective shock, or the shock got damaged in the oriingal install, or by some debris if the shaft was exposed....regardless Ksport definitely does have a warranty, warranty repair, and standard repair serivce.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seti, how do you adjust the Konis then? I always assumed they were like the Illuminas with the switch or dial on top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts