Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after searching the forum with no luck, here's the dilemma. I went to get a replacement rear hub for my 91 CRX Si. The bearing in replacement units I found so far all have a 28mm Inside diameter. My OE rear axle stub is 30mm diameter. All the places I looked listed the same part for all CRX's. I went to looking at 93 and up Civics and they measure at 28mm also. If you have experience in this, please reply on what units will fit. If you're just guessing, I've already done all that, don't bother. Hours spent online and the I.D. is the one missing from the spec's.

Thanks to those who can help. I'm tired.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I did a little digging on this. Browsing the Honda parts websites it looks like the Honda part number for the bearing hub on 2nd Gen CRXs with drum brakes is 42200-S04-008. The bearing hub for 90-91 CRX Si with disk brakes is 42200-SH3-008.

It also looks like Honda compatible part numbers include 42200-SX8-008, 42200-SH3-018, and 42200-SH3-028.

Many of the parts databases are assuming all CRXs use the same bearing hub but there are often errors on the oddball special parts like this. Similar errors often turn up with HF special parts.

Try searching for the Honda part numbers listed above and be very skeptical of parts that claim compatibility with all 2nd get CRXs or include 42200-S04-008 as a cross reference part number.

On eBay I did find a Beck/Arnley 051-6052 that listed only 90-91 CRX Si as compatible vehicles.

Another possible approach would be to look into the hubs for Integras that are common trailing arm donors for a rear disk brake swap.

Regards,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts