Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good luck with the upgrades, hope all goes well. I saw your car in person at N10 and 11 and it is one of the nicest. As a fellow ZC owner, I have to give my compliments.

Also curious as to what you're doing with the Wings West kit. Are you getting rid of it? I'm pissed I didn't jump on the last (brand new) one you had for sale a couple months ago. Let me know or pm me. Either way, good luck!

- short-A

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Oh this will be nice after the "knifejob"!
Good Luck Al!
P.S. Don't look back after you start. :D
Can't wait to see the "new" kit!

·
Registered
14 Posts
azulito said:
Hey man! Great to see ya here. I figured you would sooner or later!
Thanks, glad to be here. Actually, I saw the link to the board in your sig on HT last night, that's how I found it.

downest said:
Whoa Autoworks! I like how we are stealing all the intelligent people from Honda Tech's EF forum
lol, glad to be on an all CRX board. I guess I'm a "noobie" now

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the WW will be replaced with the Vis Pro2 copy bumper, Mugen rear bumper and skirts. I have still to get the skirts but I am confident on a pending sale. I have so many goodies to put on. I haven't decided on what wing to go with. Maybe the Mugen maybe an oem style. That's something I will be thinking about. Also haven't decided on whether to install the glasstop I have. That decision is primarity about funds. Everything else is ready to go.

The list of CRX pirate bounty that's going in this winter goes as such:
EDM LHD PWR windows and leather door cards (SETI)
EDM LHD PWR mirrors (SETI)
Mugen rear bumper (CYBERCRXT)
SiR lights & rad support (CYBERCRXT)
CTR or ITR leather shift knob w/red stitching (online shop)
Old school 3 peice Work Ewing 3 rims (HT 3 years ago)
Old school Alpine CD changer/head unit that will match the interior better (FREE! I bought this back in the mid 90's and sold it with my old rex to a friend, then bought the whole car back took the stereo and sold the car again for the same price! YahoO!)
Blox LCA's (RICKCAB1)
Glasstop - to be installed? Maybe by CYBERCRXT.

Here are the rims. I can't wait to hear the response on these, I usually get strong opposite opinions on them. I won't know for sure how I feel about them until they are on the car, 16x7, yes I know they are a bit big and flashy. I was going for that Porsche/Ferrari look. Nice deep lip.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well, personally, I don't like those rims. If I see something like that on a car, I usually just assume they are American Racing and move on.
As far as the glasstop goes, do it. If you have to save up more money to get it done, then save up more money and THEN rip into the car for all the work. It doesn't make sense to redo a whole bunch of crap and then later on do the glasstop. Why mess up the car more than once.
How much does it cost to get the glasstop installed?
I say do it now, so that you aren't kicking yourself this summer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sweet.... It's nice to see her getting so much love. It looks like those morons who painted it skipped putting flex additive in the bumper paint or something. That paint job cost 2800 and look at it now. Not the best endorsement really...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
glagola1 said:
Sweet.... It's nice to see her getting so much love. It looks like those morons who painted it skipped putting flex additive in the bumper paint or something. That paint job cost 2800 and look at it now. Not the best endorsement really...
Hey Matt! I was wondering when we would get the chance to tell the story of the car!

True about the flex, but to be fair it's spent a lot of time getting mucked about during the build! With a fresh waxing people still think the paint looks great. (where it's still on!)

For those who don't know, everyone I would assume, Matt aka glagola1 birthed the little blue bastard. From a lowly 89HF and a tired Si he transfered all that is good from the Si to the HF. That included the beat up once turboed NA ZC :p , full interior, disk brakes, and the cool World Rally Blue paint job. After I bought it and Matt educated me on turbocharging the build started. Forged internals, head work, machine work, Z10, KAAZ, Apexi/IHI turbo (Matts idea and a great one), Progress coilovers, custom C&R radiator, SiR seats, ITR steering wheel, Azenis, the coolest custom center consol anywhere, plus really **** loads of other parts later, the car is as you see it today.

Matt did his own work and I had to enlist a local mechanic to help me but the entire design and R&D was done by me. Part of the deal was for me to be able to assist on all parts of the build and I learned a lot. I also found that with the internet as a research tool I was able to tell my mechanic what we needed to do to build a ZC motor for boost, and some of you know that doing this to a ZC is truly a labor of love (or...!?^&$#&)

I will not get the new kit fitted and painted w/o the glasstop and then do the glasstop later. It is either with or without the top. The extra cost of the top will be approx 1500 extra on top of the paint job. Plus a bit of extra stress! So I am on the fence.

VW rims!!! Damn, I never saw them that way! I saw these style rims on a Porsche and again for many years on Ferraris. Yeah they are a little shiny. I bought them a long time ago though and they are paid for. I can't imagine what the wife would say if I said I was going to spend 1k on some MR5's! I agree that the Mugens would look schweet. I just gotta use what I have for now and maybe it will work, maybe not. I will always have an extra set or 2 two of rims around and the Rotas will be available when either I want to autoX it or some friends are coming over who hate the Works!!!

Here are the Works on a CRX:

What I really want is silver 15x7 OZ Superleggeras. Then the CRX will match Super Roo. I have seen these rims on CRX's as well. I realize both cars would been identical in some weird way. It really was an accident!

Super Roo:

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I'd swing for the fence, Alan. Even if you need to wait a bit longer to get everything done, I think it would be worth it. The car would be totally unique.

I'm not so sure about the rims.... I'm gonna need to see pics.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.