Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I thought I fixed this problem already. Either I did and it is leaking somewhere else or I just thought I fixed it. Anyway the problem is water is dripping from the hatch mount. So I stripped the back out to find the problem, and this is what I found:

In the red box is the last place that the water touches the frame before it runs down the plastic interior and drips off of the hatch mount. I tried pouring water over the hatch drains/sprayer nozle and into the sunroof drains, but nethier produced the leak. So after some idiotically fumbling around and making a total mess of the back half of my car. I tried pouring water in the sunroof again. Amazingly the leak started again, but all efforts to locate the source failed. The Drain tubes are dirty but completely operable. I just left all the panels off so I can contiue to work on this and to continue to clean up the water. I spent a good four hours because apparantly my brake lights are leaking here:

Can anyone that knows explain where to put the sealent. I bought both silicon and Acrylic. Which is better? Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Those are common leaks.

Take out the taillights, and wash the gaskets with dishwash soap. Let them dry, apply a little sealant, or grease, and re-install.

Pull up the washer nozzle by hand. A small drop of sealant under it, set it back down to dry. Peel off excess when dry.

Pour plenty of sealant on the hatch hinges. The filler can crack and leak. Get your finger in there and smear some gunk all over.

Grease up the weatherstripping. Sometimes it just leaks in there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.