Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across 2 sets of V6 legend brakes, which I hear are the same as the ones on the NSX. Can someone give me some concrete info on how to use these? Would they require redrilled rotors?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a set too, they have to be run upside down as the location of the Legend calipers is opposite to that of a CRX. They do actually bolt up to your knuckles(last I remember anyway) but they need to be machined down to straddle the rotor correctly. I found they are sooo heavy, I remember weighing them and they were just absurd, like triple the weight of a stock EG caliper. But we got them for 40$ so we couldn't pass them up. I think H-T has some good info on the install of them.

I forgot about those things, maybe I can run them in place of my Type R calipers on my 5-lug setup........... 8)

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I see, I was misinterpreting. Do you have the correct specs about what needs to be done then? I thought I would need some larger non-4x100 rotors to get redrilled. So I could use EX/DA knuckles, machine the calipers and use those with DA rotors? Would this be worth it? I could get the parts all for under 40 or 50 bucks, minus pads and new rotors.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1171175&page=1

The answer lies buried somewhere in here. I think I knew once. You need the caliper and the caliper bracket and you have to mill like 3-4mm off the caliper mounting are to get them to fit on 10.3" rotors, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is it worthwhile? I guess that depends on how you use the car. If you track it a fair bit and need better brakes because you're fading your cars existing setup, then yes. Otherwise your adding quite a bit of weight for no reason really. Would it look cool? Absolutely. Do you need them for the street or Auto-X? Probably not. I have and plan on tracking my car a whole lot more and I cooked my stock setup so bad that I have decided to go full type R. It's overkill, but it's nice to have fade free, ultra strong brakes lap after lap.
I would think that with the Legend calipers, you'll need to upgrade the M/C to
15/16" min.

My priorities with my car are a bit different than most though. I want:

1. Suspension
2. Brakes
3. Chassis rigidity
4. Power

I'm happy running a stock D as long as I have killer suspension, incredible brakes, and a good stiff chassis. It all depends on what you want from YOUR car.

·
Registered
567 Posts
my setup consists of 10.2" EX rotors, and ITR caliper brackets/calipers/pads. fits fine. i had to trim the inner part of the pads though they were hitting the inner hat. my caliper brackets were already modded though so there wasnt a specing problem. however i feel the rotors' thickness is too thin as the piston on the caliper sticks out a good 1/4-3/8" with plenty of meat on the pads left. im sure the 11" rotors are thicker. maybe its not a big deal, i dunno though. it stops fine, and ive never had a problem.

·
Registered
529 Posts
SETI20 said:
Yes. Exactly.

Accord calipers are slightly larger than EX ones.
Integra calipers are significantly larger. Especially pad surface is alot bigger.
Legend ones are larger still.
I have the hybrid setup of Prelude VTEC rotors redrilled, Accord wagon calipers, with caliper brackets, have to be ground down, and EX knuckles. Legends, and ITR use the same caliper but it is a dual piston where the wagon are one large single caliper. They use the same brake pad though. Cause when I ordered my pads they were all the same. NSX calipers work, and are better yet, but still 2 piston.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.