Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask each of you to give me ONE item, any item that you have that you think wasn't on a truck.

Everything you have (besides your children, be realistic) was on a truck at one point or another. There is no argueing it, it's just the truth.

And I'm being serious, don't give me stupid crap like,

"My apple tree wasn't on a truck, I took a seed from my dads apple farm and planted it myself." :roll:

I hope we are all inteligent enough here to avoid stupidity like this. I'm being totally serious here. I heard a similar deal on a radio talk show, and it was quite interesting.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
how about a cherry tree? ok ok, just kidding.

:?: i dunno, i give up, give some examples.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One guy on the radio said that his car didn't come on a truck. He worked at the assembly plant, and bought it factory direct. Ooohhhh, you got me. No. Not really.

Break it down. Even the parts that were fabbed/pressed still came from raw materials. i.e. flat steel, plastic sheets, etc. These items were brought to the factory via, you guessed it, TRUCKS.

Obviously your dog didn't come one a truck, I'm talking objects.

I'm going to post the one thing that I can think of that wasn't ever on a truck.

Amish built furniture, the real amish built. They cut the tree, process the wood, and hand craft the furniture. This is the only thing I can think of.

Come on, there has to be SOMETHING?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, that's a good one, but depending on where you are in reference to the amish when you get their furniture and your definition of a truck, the furniture could still be transported on a truck. If by truck you mean, semi, then I guess amish furniture would count, as I'm sure most people just transport the stuff in their own vehicles. But idk.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well, honestly around here they still use railroad cars that go straight into the gm and ford plants, so there may be some items that aren't trucked. Some of the parts come from a factory with a railroad system as well.

The only other feasable methods are airplane, boat, and railroad to do any transporting.... and even at that a truck is what is usually waiting when they get there to deliver it from that point to it's final destination. Fish if it is a very local place on the shoreline is the only thing that I could think of.

Now do we all get the point how ford made such an empire? He invented a mass produced vehicle that could be used in many ways as a "truck".

·
Registered
731 Posts
I looked around the room and my answer is... the 130" net P&Y 9 point buck on my wall. It's not alive so technically that makes it an inanimate object that originally went from the forest to the trunk of my car to the taxidermist then to my wall. kekeke

Naw... jk, I'm taking your definition out of context. I'm with you on this one and can't think of anything at the moment. I used to drive big truck cross country too and know that just about everything comes on trucks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
most of my house itself has never seen a truck but thats because its made from the logs that were in the clearing we live in. lol but all the nails, ectt. were on a truck so i guess that dosn't count.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
most of my house itself has never seen a truck but thats because its made from the logs that were in the clearing we live in. lol but all the nails, ectt. were on a truck so i guess that dosn't count.
Second that, my dad's house (the one I grew up in) is over 250 years old, made from the wood that was on-site. There aren't even any nails, it's all post-and-beam with wood pegs. To be fair, it has been rennovated a few times, sheetrock and lumber don't walk themselves there.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

If you bought it in your lifetime, it, or the materials that it was made of came by truck.

I know, I drive a truck.

I have transported everything from premium gasoline to watermelons.
Frozen, chill, room temp.
Machines that fit on a flatbed, M60 Abrams tanks. Printing Presses. .
A Gun carriage that sat in Belgium since WW2.
Man the list goes on
No explosives or radioactive products though, I aint THAT stupid.
I've heard of whole tractor-trailers buried at Hanford.
American cars?, most of them have parts made in other countries.
Hand crafted items?, the glue or brads or twine that is used on them came on a truck.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
D_Britt_57 said:
I've heard of whole tractor-trailers buried at Hanford.
:?: Didn't understand this. What's Hanford, and why are there buried trucks there?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
shadowcrx said:
any downloads as for software and what not off the internet didn't come on trucks.......
Yeah, bur following the previous logic of tracin everything back to its parts, the computer that created the software was on a truck.

This is just plain silly.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
What about the metal parts that they used to make the first truck? They were probably hauled in by trains and horses. Does that mean that we owe everything to train engineers and draft horses? :?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Charles said:
shadowcrx said:
any downloads as for software and what not off the internet didn't come on trucks.......
Yeah, bur following the previous logic of tracin everything back to its parts, the computer that created the software was on a truck.

This is just plain silly.
ya but i ain't talking about the actually computer itself tho, the computer only holds the codes, but then i guess that you can argue that a coputer programs is nothing but code therefore it wouldn't really be an inatimate object but more of just text....... or something along those lines

·
Registered
711 Posts
stickershop said:
What about the metal parts that they used to make the first truck? They were probably hauled in by trains and horses. Does that mean that we owe everything to train engineers and draft horses? :?
exactly... see now you're getting it! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.