1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
You know, while I wouldn't do it to my car, the crazy paint job doesn't bother me. But that wing really gets under my skin. It just doesn't flow with the car. And even the body kit, not sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Aw, I think it's kinda cute! And what's wrong with a stock HF motor? Obviously, the guy (girl?) wanted to make the car look cute, and didn't care about speed. I can relate, with my stock HF with the $5000 paint job...

And the body kid is ... tasteful ... don't you think? It's not so bad.

·
Registered
734 Posts
If that car (apart from the wing being totally over the top) was painted all one color, it wouldn't be a bad looking car at all...but that paint job is just flat-out terrible. The two-tone layout doesn't work with the lines of the car at ALL, and the red crap around the wheel wells is among the dumbest, ugliest crap I've ever seen. It sucks to see someone put so much money into a car and just not know that t looks terrible. Even if he had to go with a custom, flashy, multicolored paint job, he could have done so much better. All those primary colors make it look like something out of a children's book. If you cover up either the front or the back of the car and ignore the wing and red graphics, you can see the potential for a nice looking car that the owner, sadly, did not.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
man you guys are harsh...ive seen WAY worse then that.

anyway, I offer this. ignore the photoshop lowering, but this car was put together in 1998-1999.

what do you think, keeping in mind the years in which it was put together.

[email protected]

ps, this is the car that got me into CRXs....I almost bought it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
what do you think, keeping in mind the years in which it was put together.

ps, this is the car that got me into CRXs....I almost bought it.
That's a way better looking car. The two-tone is still pretty cheesy, but at least it's not nearly as garish as blue and yellow, and the lines work at least a little better, since it takes the angle of the wing and the location of the body moldings into consideration. The wheels look a lot better, too, and while the wing is still pretty huge, at least it matches the body color and doesn't look nearly as bad as the blue one on a yellow hatch. Those wings just don't work on a CRX, although in 1998 it probably wasn't nearly as laughable as it is now. If that car was all black and didn't have that wing, it would look pretty good even today.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.