Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at this character:

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - Police say a man they pulled over for driving drunk continued to swig his beer during his arrest. Patrick Allain, 35, faces numerous charges after his arrest Monday night, the fourth time he's been arrested for driving while intoxicated. Police say he hit two other cars and initially refused to stop when officers tried to pull him over.
When he finally stopped, Allain allegedly continued to drink a 40-ounce bottle of beer, telling officers, "You can charge me with whatever you want. It's not going to stop me from drinking and driving."

At least he was sticking to his convictions, but damn....what a wackjob.

[email protected]

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wackjob said:
\ "You can charge me with whatever you want. It's not going to stop me from drinking and driving."
I think the court can find away. Meet your 350lb cell mate Bubba. Bubbas wife, and kids were killed by a drunk driver. Bubba is in prison because he brutally mutilated the drunk driver with a 9 Iron. The drunk driver soon died. Wackjob enjoy your stay in prison. Karma is a biatch!

·
Registered
779 Posts
In Canada, after your third arrest by law you cannot get insured, get a drivers license or have a vehicle in your name, unless you get a written notice that you need a vehicle for work reasons. Then you must go thru AA and you your vehicle is retrofitted with a breathalyser to get it started, to keep it running and what not, at your expense of about $1500.

Maybe harsher laws is what they need.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Can't you just run some jumpers and bypass the breathalizer??
Not that I'd ever suggest anyone do such a thing.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
ludesrv said:
In Canada, after your third arrest by law you cannot get insured, get a drivers license or have a vehicle in your name, unless you get a written notice that you need a vehicle for work reasons. Then you must go thru AA and you your vehicle is retrofitted with a breathalyser to get it started, to keep it running and what not, at your expense of about $1500.

Go to junkyard, get a $500 POS beater, drive without license and insurance.
Put his ass in prison until he's too old to get in a car. Problem solved.

·
Registered
779 Posts
SETI20 said:
ludesrv said:

Go to junkyard, get a $500 POS beater, drive without license and insurance.
Put his [booya] in prison until he's too old to get in a car. Problem solved.
Yes you could do that. But where do you get your plate from, and your stickers from? You steal them? Oh ok, I give it 6 months before your plate gets runned by the cops and they notice your 88 GMC pickup that is falling apart has plates registered to a 05 Mazda 3 and the sticker for the Mazda plates are an 06 expiry date, and you need an 07 now, gee, stolen plate, stolen sticker, maybe stolen car. You go to jail, your life is over.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah, I got pulled over and handed a ticket for expired plates a while back. Boy I sure felt a lot safer after that. I'm glad I pay for those cops cause you know freedom ain't free. I think I need to die.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Dren said:
Yeah, I got pulled over and handed a ticket for expired plates a while back. Boy I sure felt a lot safer after that. I'm glad I pay for those cops cause you know freedom ain't free. I think I need to die.
When men enter into a state of society, they surrender up some of their natural rights to that society, in order to ensure the protection of others; and, without such an equivalent, the surrender is void.
I predict...

Mark gets home from work.

Debate to follow.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Dren said:
You may not, but -other- road users sure will.
Expired plates can make damage claims after an accident messy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This poor soul needs help. The government should set up clinics to help him.
He should be allowed to go to the clinic where he would be given light beer and additional drivers training to help him with his problem. Over time I'm positive he would get better.
Or the government could relocate him to Utah where the beer is more like water than beer.
Does anyone know where I can send money to help this cause?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unless the law has changed in NH since we moved South in 2000, if a NH driver has a clean record, he or she is not required to have auto insurance. Still correct?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
That's true, unless you have a DWI you don't have to have insurance. Still not a good idea to drive around without it though, IMO. It's nice though because I don't have to pay insurance for a 6-month or year period. On my bikes, I always paid monthly so I wouldn't waste money when they were off the road all winter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
downest said:
That's true, unless you have a DWI you don't have to have insurance. Still not a good idea to drive around without it though, IMO. It's nice though because I don't have to pay insurance for a 6-month or year period. On my bikes, I always paid monthly so I wouldn't waste money when they were off the road all winter.
Out in CA, not only is it required, you'll get a fine of (around) $1500.00 if you don't have it. I keep full coverage on the Benz, liability on the CRX with uninsured motorist. The uninsured has helped me out in 2 of 3 accidents (over a 10 year span, only 1 was my fault). The worst was a guy with no license, expired tags, no insurance and gave me a fake ID. He offered to pay out of pocket, but when I found it was a fake ID (no real way to get a hold of him), I turned it over to the cops. They tracked him down through the plates and he ended up getting arrested (and processed for deportation as he turned out to be illegal using a US citizen's identity). I hate that I have to pay the extra cost for uninsured motorist because other people can't be responsible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
downest said:
I predict...

Mark gets home from work.

Debate to follow.
Sorry to disappoint you, Tom.
I'm through debating here. I'm just going to go out and do my job. I'm going to make no attempt to convince anyone that what I am doing is right. I'll just have to be content with knowledge that I am doing the right things.

If someone wants to come here to debate in person, and maybe go for a ride-along, then maybe I'll reconsider.
My buddy went on a ride along with another friend of ours who's a cop. They were chasing a guy on a Harley and ended up in a dead end street. When the Harley turned to come back, our buddy just decided to end the chase with a head on. He's not allowed to do ride alongs anymore. In fact, they've pretty much stopped them all together around here. With the heightened risk factor (unofficial, but due to the high Russian population), they don't want civilians getting shot at.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.