Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know the saying about using good and cheap in the same sentence, but I'll ask anyway. I was planning on Exedy or ACT, but can't find a clutch kit under $300. I just can't afford that right now. I've looked on ebay and have found pretty cheap deals but have never heard of the products. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the no name brands like Gripforce, F1 Racing, XTD, XTR, ProClutch, etc. (ones I see are around $100-150 on ebay). The motor's going to be fairly stock(bolt-ons for now) so I won't need that much an upgrade from an OEM.

Any ideas? Any success stories with the cheap stuff?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have used a stock replacement grifforce clutch and had no problems with it. My engine that I used it on wasnt very modified, but it held up well. I put about 25xxx miles on it, sold the swap, and the kid has put about 15xxx on it, and has had no problems. As for F1 racing, I have also used one of their lite flywheels, and have had good results with it too.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
i bought the pro clutch one for the b18 with the aluminum flywheel and could not be happier with it. . . . . .. a decent upgrade over stock. . . . and a nice price. . . . . i dont have a super high HP machine. . . .so i dint really need a huge gripping clutch. .

go for it. .

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
jfrolang said:
Can't find an Exedy for under $300? What about this one?

It says Gripforce on the auction, but they just appear to be the distributor. It's a genuine Exedy clutch.
He mentioned that he wants a Stage 1. That one in the link is an OE replacement.

With that said, the OE replacement will probably be just fine for you, and that is actually a decent price for it. :wink:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ebay + Exedy clutch+ Fidanza flywheel = >$300...

We had 2 packages like that shipped for 550$ in total to Canada from Cali, look hard on ebay, good deals sometimes Dub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.