Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm looking for a third car. Currently my wife and I have two vehicles. She drives the 97 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport and I drive the 90 CRX. I also own a non-running 91 Dodge Caravan and a non-running 90 Toyota Corolla, both parked at my dads place in NJ. I'm thinking of buying something along the lines of a late 80's/early 90's Civic HB/sedan. Nothing fancy, just something I can use on the weekends when I need to transport more than two people and my wife is using the van or when my CRX is out of commission. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to get rid of the CRX! I just need a third car. What do you guys think? I'm pretty sure I can sell the non running vehicles to pay for the new purchase, but what kind of pricing should I be looking for. Or should I be looking for something more current (secondhand of course)? I'm leaning towards the sedan. Something about them that has me I've seen one local for about $1500 OBO. Is that a good price? Here's the description:

I've got a 1990 civic for sale... 185,000 highway miles.. runs like new and the body is in good condition. The interior is in great condition, new clutch, new exhaust,cold air conditioner, new computer, trans is in great condition, stock radio in the trunk,42 miles to the gallon, great commuter car... power everything! please contact me asap cause i'm looking to get rid of it quick
I may just go take a look at it this week. In fact, I think I'll email him and see if he has pics. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, if you only have $1500 to spend, your best best for a half way reliable car would be an 88-91 Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla.
I just sold my 88 4-door Civic for $1500 since I needed something a bit newer for my longer commute to work, and bought a 97 Honda Accord EX as my daily beater. I LOVE it! Very comfortable ride!
Just be prepared to do some extra work on a car of that age!
I was in the same situation, and thats why I bought my 88 as a daily beater while I worked on my CRX.
Good luck! :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, after a little more searching online, I found a 93 Civic HB for $1000, most likely be able to bring the price down as poster says there is a lot of minor work needed for inspection. We'll see though. I'll have to do a bit more searching. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found this online...

I've got a 1990 civic for sale... 185,000 highway miles.. runs like new and the body is in good condition. The interior is in great condition, new clutch, new exhaust,cold air conditioner, new computer, trans is in great condition, stock radio in the trunk,42 miles to the gallon, great commuter car... power everything! please contact me asap cause i'm looking to get rid of it quick.

The guy is asking $1500 OBO and as he says, needs to get rid of it quick. I may go take a look at it tonight and I'll try to post back here. If it's as good as he says, what can I counteroffer with? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.