Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like I might be out of a job soon. The airline I work for Independence Air might be closing our doors on Jan. 7th if we don't find any investors. I real hope/ think that we do stay in business, because I'm too lazy to look for a new job :x . If we do go out of business I'm done with airlines! I'll go back to working on Helicopters or corporate aircraft their a little more stable. I've sent my resume in to a couple of local helicopter companies, just waiting hear something back. Or I might just get out of aviation completely! I've been going to college the last few years, I got my associates degree in Business Administration and about 8 more clases for my bachelors. I might as well put that to good use. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sucks is I've got a mortage, four kids and a grandson living with us and just a few credit card bills. My wife doesn't make enough to pay the mortage. Lucklly all three of our cars ar paid off. My oldest daughter (20) has been talking about getting a job at Hooters lately :shock: (she works at Home Depot right now) and of course I said no!!! But I told her if I do loose my job she might have to get a job at Hooters.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Hope you can get it all straightend out Lumpy. I know what its like, I went through some very rough financial times about 5 years ago, and I know it sucks. Im sure you can find something to do with your assosiates degree, and your almost done with the bachelor's so thats even better.

Hope it works out Lumpy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
dang i hope your luck gets better. i am lucky to have lived at home all 19 years of my life thusfar. good luck with your job, hope you the best.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Good luck lump,
I can see how the airline industry is tanking with all this job cutting.
GL mang!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your employment situation. It sounds like you have a lot of options with your experience and your education. It's just a matter of finding the right "fit" for you. I wish you luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it's official our company will close for good on January 5th. What makes things worse is they say we won't be able to touch any of our 401K money for about 6 months! I've got about 30,000.00 in there, that was my back up plan. I would take some tax penalties if I used any of it, but it was going to be a last resort. Well I'll be hitting the streets hard looking for a job now. Anybody know of any jobs for a unemployed aircraft mechanic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts