Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a few bucks, I decided to deliver pizzas. I did it 20 years ago and thought it would be fun. So I looked for a Papa John's in an affluent neighborhood. I chose Papa John's after Shorte made the observation that PJ customers seem to tip more.

He was right. I made $24 on 6 deliveries in 2.5 hours. :shock: Not only that but I got to listen to the radio and have fun driving. It was a "training" night so that's all I worked.

Lookin forward to tomorrow!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not bad for a day. Ive been looking for a deliver job myself to try to bring in a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Back in the day, i used to deliver... it was GREAT money for the time... but you're right, PJ is the best one to deliver for as long as you're in a good neighborhood area. I was easily making more money than the managers. Remember, quantity over quality... just cause they are far away or in a REALLY nice area, doesn't mean they'll tip well... i'd take two short deliveries over one high-end delivery... unless it is like 20 pies or something :p

Good luck with the new gig! Make sure you have a donor car. It'll work with a nice car for a few weeks, but if you're keeping it up, you may want to get a beater... something with a back seat in case you need to move a lot of pies at once. I delivered in a Del Sol though... the passenger seat was JUST big enough, and the center console high enough to pefectly hold the pies in the bags.

One other tip... with Papa Johns, be careful how you drive! They use a lot of sauce on the pizza, and if its a moderate topping-load, RIGHT out of the oven, you'll have a lot of cheese-slidage, and if the customer complains, guess who gets to buy a pizza and redeliver it? lol! :lol:

·
Registered
952 Posts
ComposiMo said:
One other tip... with Papa Johns, be careful how you drive! They use a lot of sauce on the pizza, and if its a moderate topping-load, RIGHT out of the oven, you'll have a lot of cheese-slidage, and if the customer complains, guess who gets to buy a pizza and redeliver it? lol! :lol:
Damn, no speedy delivers then. :x

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dodo said:
ComposiMo said:
Damn, no speedy delivers then. :x
Charles said:
Lots of speed. Just gotta watch the turns.
And the hard braking.
The worst ones are the BBQ ones, that BBQ sauce is like grease for the cheese & toppings. Just a couple days ago I had one will ALL the toppings in one corner of the box, and I don't remember auto-x-ing on the way there. :lol:
Oh and they don't make us pay for it and not always does the same driver even have to bring the replacement one, (I usually do anyway if it's my fault) if they re-ring it up as a free pie, it becomes a new delivery.

sulk said:
Sounds fun, seems like a good way to make some extra money, but what about gas money do they cover that?
We either get a comission or a set dollar amount per delivery. My area gets comission on our delivery sales, I get 6.5 % Example:
Tonight I took 35 delivery's from 4pm-1am, $733.15 in sales so I got $45.65 in comission, in cash in hand when I left along with my tips.
That's gas for almost a week, in only 1 night. Granted that's not everyone, I am the closing driver and am the last one there so I'm going to have more than most. Charles probly made like $6 in mileage/comission/delivery charge whatever you want to call it, which is probly tripple or more what he actually spent on gas.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i used to deliver for dominos in the crx about 2 months ago for awhile..

it was really good money and i loved the job being able to drive the rex all over and listen to music...and not to mention every single person i worked with was very very cool..

and one thing i found working there people in worse neighborhoods tend to tip better 75% of the time than the people in the nice neighbrohoods...its cool when a guy has a half a million dollar yacht in his driveway but he cant give you a tip

the way they payed for our gas milage was depending on the price of gas you would get a certain amount everytime you left the store and they would give you that at the end of the night with your tips... it was around 75-90 cents everytime you leave the store the time i worked there and since i drive an HF i ended up getting more money back in gas than i even used

i miss the job nontheless

·
Registered
633 Posts
Charles said:
sulk said:
Sounds fun, seems like a good way to make some extra money, but what about gas money do they cover that?
A dollar a delivery. Shorte gets more.
On average I get more, if I get nothing but $7.80 or $11.95 orders then you make more. Thankfully that doesn't seem to happen.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Oh and I can fit around 52 pizzas in my crx.

No beer Mark, lots of people ask us to stop for some but we can't.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Made $90 in tips in 8 hours. Not too shabby.

I like Mark's idea about the bills. I actually delivered a pizza tonight where the guy kept yelling to his wife for a quarter so he could give me exact change. I told him not to worry about it. :rolleyes1:

Overall, though, it was a frickin blast and decent cash. Drove about 130 miles, though. :shock: I may have a full time job come October 1st, but I will try to keep this for fun on the weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.