Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ls mesh with polish lip what do you guys think of the idea? what color selections would look good with the polish lip, would there be a way to polish the lip to a shine, i ask these because my LS have coating to them like a clear coat that looks dull but if you were to take that off would it be possible to polish them ?

· Registered
114 Posts
i used this acid stuff on my fat fives and they came out basically chrome looking. im sure if you put it on a rag and just did the lip it would look good, i still had the stock clear on them too.

· Registered
20,445 Posts
racejdm said:
the clear is flaking a little around the center cap area, but if the rim was to get painted one color exept the lip would that really matter?
Why go through the trouble to have fresh paint sprayed everywhere but the outer lip, so down the road, you will have to redo the lip and fix the flaking?
Why not do it right, all in one shot, fresh paint all around?

· Registered
114 Posts
im not sure what its called, my buddy works at a car dealer detailing cars and they have the stuff in 55 gal. drums, i do know that if you let it sit on your wheel for more than a few minutes it will eat away the clear. you can use oven cleaner on your wheels, but its the same deal, make sure you rinse it off completely within a few minutes or it will start to eat away at the clear coat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.