Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I buggered a lugnut bolt. I got a new one. Removed the wheel, caliper and now I realize there is no clearance on the hub to get it out. If I unbolt the hub from the axle, will the hub come off?? How do I change the friggin bolt without taking the whole thing apart?

·
Registered
79 Posts
front or rear?
when my front one for ruined i was able to sneak it out
but it also took some patience and some dremeling of the bolt

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Methinks you have to press the hub out of the bearings, unless the whole hub bearing structure unbolts from the trailing arm. I forgot how they are set up. Perhaps this reply is useless. **shrug**

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Are we talking about the fronts? If i recall correctly, only the rear hubs come off when the center nut is removed. The front hubs have to be pressed out of the knuckles.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stickershop said:
Are we talking about the fronts? If i recall correctly, only the rear hubs come off when the center nut is removed. The front hubs have to be pressed out of the knuckles.
its the front one. I guess I could cut the light metal dust cover and dremel the bolt down a bit. What a pain in the butt. So if I unbolt the axle the hub has to be pressed out?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
oh, ya, i was assuming rears. Front def press, rears bolt. He said something about axles, so ya, gotta press that mutha out.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here it is. Sitting above is the $#^%#@# that caused me to do this and the new stud installed. I just tore the shield apart. Hope this holds at 140mph :lol:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Back in my cavalier days I used to just grind a small part on the knuckle and a bit on the studs and I didnt have to take a hammer to the studs to get them to slide past the knuckle...They just slid right by without possible damage to the threads.

·
Registered
79 Posts
how did you tighten the bolt?
they are suppose to be pressed in

what i did was put the factory nut on it and turned the impact gun loose on it
then a little extra lovin from the breaker bar to make sure the new wheel bolt was seated nice and tight

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just tightened it up with a the lug nut turned around backwards and a big x shaped tire wrench and it pulled right into place, nice an firm. I didn't use the air tool, since I wanted to feel that it got nice and snug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.