Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have bearings for a 1.6 not sure what 1.6 they are for but i have some

so my question is this, will these bearings fit into the dohc Zc?!?!?!?

i have the rods and mains obiously or i wouldnt be posting this haha
so i just need to know will they fit into the Zc bottom end and work or will they not work

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know there for a 1.6. and i am thinking that they are for a d16z6 as a matter of fact sitting here thinking about it they are for the z6 so yeah know dose anyone know that if they will fit or not

i mean its still a 1.6 so i dont know why it would'nt right!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, i just got off of the phone with eric from humble performance
and to get my bottom end set and ready to go with

super tech pistons- .020 over 350
eagle rods- standard size 450
acl race bearings- standard 125

head
port match intake
exhaust 250

grant total _____________
1175 dollars

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Your stock ZC pistons (PM7) or replacements (P29, same thing) are the best. You can use the old ones or buy new ones from Honda for about $40 each, they also sell them in overbored sizes if you want to go that route. Otherwise, if you want to bump compression, you need to shell out for some aftermarket D series pistons, all the other OEM types will reduce compression.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, i want to bump up the compression.

how much power can i make out of stalk pistons and aftermarket rods?!?!?!

because the whole business of building this motor was for N/A and go high compression.

i mean i can keep the head stalk and just port and polish and valve springs, retainers, and valves. not do cams and just do that with machine of the deck heigth on the block and head maybe!!! or what?

what will be my best bet for N/A all motor app. im wanting around 170 to 200 hp if i can get that out of my Zc.

what do you guys think

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah me either, that is why i am wanting to do it. because as far as i know noone has done it. axually i think i recall seening one done by jg engine dynamics. but it has crap load of head work, and bottom end totally build, and reving to 8k

thats what i am sorta wanting, because i think a 200 hp fully stripped crx will be pretty quick, not refrencing to street racing but just ingeneral you know what i mean, for strip or road course app. i learned my lession driving fast on the streets and going crazy im done with that crap. just for strip and stuff like that.

so having this said

built Zc

head work
-port matched
-valves
-valve springs
-tit. retainers

block work
-balanced crank shaft
-acl bearings
-.020 over pistons
-eagle rods

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
There is no way you're going to make power like that without cams, stock cams won't make enough power and won't even let the motor breathe at high RPM. Since you're upgrading the valvetrain anyway, you'll be all set to drop in a set of performance cams.

The problem is, you have a non-VTEC motor, so it's going to idle like crap if it's putting out a lot of power up top, and putting out high end power is all you're going to be able to do to build this thing NA. I think your goal is definitely possible, but it's going to make the car very peaky, and not generally fun to daily drive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i was going to put cams in i just forgot to put those down, i knew i was missing somthing in the list but i couldnt think what, i just got back from the skate park riding my bike so i was exhausted and tired and couldnt think right.

but yeah i was going to put in cams. but uhh

just to do the bottom end work and get the head port matched from humble performance its going to cost 1175
thats with all aftermarket bottom end stuff becides crank im just going to get it balanced and stuff to make sure its all good

but what stage of cams should i get, do you think stage 3 would be to much for a daily driver that is what i am trying to make it as is that. im aiming for around 11.5:1 or 12.5:1 compression

is there any advice you think i would need to build this.

do you think that i could keep up with a
JDM d15b turbo 95 civic coupe
if i go all motor with all of this work done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.