Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just ordered about $150 in parts for my rex. Next week shall be maintenance week! I'm doing a timing belt / water pump job as well as replacing various missing covers / hardware.

I'll also be doing my first body work job with the help of my boss at work. Repairing a small rust area on the back of the pass. rear quarterpanel lip (where they always rust). Luckily drivers side is not rusted.

Only real question is what should I do about sunroof rust? My sunroof panel is rusting along the front edge. I had it out last week troubleshooting a closing problem and noticed it. You can't see the rust from outside, only when it is out where you can look at the bottom of the front edge. Can the rust be stopped? How should I repair it?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm sure someone will chime in on best practices rust treatment...
Strip off the existing rust via chemical(naval jelly) or mechanical means(wire wheel/sand paper) and then seal it with a rust inhibiting coat of primer or even paint.

On the sunroof panel...if you can't see it when installed, remove the panel again, stop it from advancing and call it a day. Trying to get a good replacement panel is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Naval jelly sucks, I've tried to use it many times but it just sucks. Take a look at POR15 stuff for your rust problems. Also I think the roof panel is too thin to mechanically strip it, you will eat through the skin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts