Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets set the way back machine for 3 years ago, i built up a 88 CRX for Grassroots Motorsports compition " the 2k challenge". We went and ran on street tires the whole event and placed 27th.

Then we went back in 05 and took 6th overall, we were the only car that was not a v-8 -turbo-nos-or what ever cheap hp up grades. All motor .....
We ran a 13.68 at 102 and were third in the auto x.

Now i think the little yellow CRX is going to hunt down other Honda's in the Honda Challenge..

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
So how did you do it? What mods? I believe I remember reading about it quite a while back, but I don't remember much. More details please!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crxfisher said:
So how did you do it? What mods? I believe I remember reading about it quite a while back, but I don't remember much. More details please!
B16 a1, J1 trans, y1 lsd ,header, intake gutted to high hell, full cage, a pair of Kirkeys seats, etc.
The motor is still stock no internal mods in it. On the dyno i put down 168.85 hp and 101 ft/lb torque.
curb weight is 1785lb.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Rene M said:
crxfisher said:
B16 a1, J1 trans, y1 lsd ,header, intake gutted to high hell, full cage, a pair of Kirkeys seats, etc.
The motor is still stock no internal mods in it. On the dyno i put down 168.85 hp and 101 ft/lb torque.
curb weight is 1785lb.
Great to see some nice all motor numbers there!
Thats some real good weight you guys dropped on the car!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a B18 Ls vtec built up and ready to drop in along with a S80 type r lsd trans and a 4.78 final drive i just need to do the hydro conversion before that happens.
The Ls vtec is going to be nice
b18a block
B18c5 crank, rods, pistons
Windage tray, oil scraper,baffled oil pan i made my self.
The head it a b18c5 itr head with ctr cams ported polished cc'd chambers.
i even went throught the trouble of installing the type r oil cooler on the back of the block.
This should rock..

Any one need a 168 hp b16a1?
Or and lsd J1 trans??
lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts