Has anybody custom made map lights for the CRX by using any other map lights form a different car?
I can't imagine it is that hard.
I would think any overhead map light from any Civic, Accord or Integra would work.
Found this on HT: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=454651
- Maplight assembly
- 16-18 gauge wire
- Wire connectors
- Razor Blade
1. First remove the driverside sun visor, and driver side A-pillar panel.
2. Take the maplight assembly and make an outline of the shape of the base onto cardboard, this will serve as a template for cutting the hole.
3. Take the template made in step 2, and trace it onto the ceiling of where you want to install the maplights.
4. Next use the razor blade and carefully cut out the outline you drew on the ceiling of the car.
5. Next, feed two wires through the ceiling, from the driver side of the ceiling to the center of the ceiling where the hole is.
6. On the maplight, there are two grounds, which you have to use solder to connect. The positive requires one female connector to attach to.
7. Connect the ground wire to a solid ground, and tap the positive wire to the positive dome light wire, which runs along the A-pillar, and it a White/Red wire.
8. Finally, insert maplight assembly into the hole which you cutout. The maplight has prongs which keep it held in place.