1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://crxresource.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7571
and for those who don't have an acccount:
Steve Jones said:
Azulito raises some good points, and alludes to a problem here. We have a censor list of sites and personalities that have proven troublesome in the past. At the time, the list made sense.

But that was a long time ago. Now, the list just gets in the way. We can't talk about 'he who cannot be named.' Meets, events, and good information that serve the whole of the community are hard to discuss here.

It stops now. I'm pulling the censor list. This isn't an original idea - it was discussed at some time in the past by the staff, and most notably by ComposiMo.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
lol Sticker, I didn't recognize your post with your new avatar.

Even though the censor is lifted-I dont think it can solve the "I don't feel welcome there" feeling. I think he is realizing hes not at top and should let good info in from other sites.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't imagine the migration patterns changing from what they are now. The main thing I was hoping to end was the "competition" between boards, and the whole "one who cannot be named" myth. I'm sure I'm not alone in the view that all the boards should exist and have thier parts on the web. Just like different cities in the states or different ho's in your pimp stable!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
:roll: 'Bout time... oh well, too bad that is only 1/100th-ish of what is 'wrong' over there, and even if he fixes all of them, the past will still haunt him and his site. Bridges have already been burned, and its REALLY damn hard to rebuild bridges all by yourself.

But anyway, enough bashing and talking about the Resource.... its only free advertising for the site... "Bad news and drama is the best form of advertising a name can get". People will still bitch and whine about the Resource, because there is still a bunch to bitch and whine about... lol :lol:

The only thing that suprises me about the entire thing, is that he lifted the ban on discussing CloudPump. Still not a "solution" to fixing the site though. As a last-ditch effort to get the site back to the top of the list, i am predicting that Steve and CloudPump make a deal behind the scenes, and Steve has a section of the Resource to be the actual 'official forum' for N12.... Too bad that probably won't work either... lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
SETI20 said:
"He who cannot be named" is also "he who is nowhere to be found".

So I don't see the big deal.
Now that's funny!

I agree with John about the Resource. But as much as I don't like to go to Cleveland I'll catch a show there once in a while! :wink: I like there being different boards. Variety is the spice of life. But for me the Community is where it's at. (and of course the zcresource for us ZC'ers) I'm glad that the Resouce became cramped because it helped squeeze out this turd of a site!

:D

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'm glad that the Resouce became cramped because it helped squeeze out this turd of a site!

:D
:Andrew dice clay voice:But I mean that in a good way. hey.... :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
:eek: I'm entirely shocked. Good for Steve. Seriously! It's been a long time since I've seen something positively productive come out of there. I'm just shocked. That's a good move on his part.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i agree guys, i have no idea why he put all of the weird rules into place at the resource to begin with. i always thought it was a bit childish. it's a free site for crying out loud. i was suprised the mass exodus didn't happen sooner.

this is a great board by the way, keep it up

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
stickershop said:
Too little, too late.
I agree. I know Steve personally. He is not malicious, just lacks social intelligence. He helped with my swap and worked his ass off (along with his wife). But he just seems to go nutty too often for whatever reason.

I don't see a problem with discussing the Resource since it is a major part of CRX history. Bashing is counter-productive but as one of those who was banned for unknown infractions (and I am certainly not a fan of or associated in any way with Cloudpump), I can certainly understand the propensity to do so.

·
Registered
778 Posts
daveb91 said:
akirarex said:
Dave everytime I see your avatar I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Autobots rule even though they stole it from robotech and this site rules we are the benchmark baby!!!
yup! that's my favorite one. I still have all of the red plastic clip on panels that go with it too

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was just about to post some other things...

then it occured to me I really don't care all that much about the Resource. (no negativity intended) Afterall, it was just a web address. The bulk of the CRX family just moved that's all.

idcwtf anyone wants to think; bash if you want, hate if you will. That's on you. Me, I will continue to write my novels (til Tom bans me :wink: ) trying to help my CRX brethren here just as I tried to do at the Resource. It's roomier here and I prefer these house rules so here's where I'll be most.

Steve who? Geoff what?

uhh nvm that. ummmm, mint condition 88 hf *drifts off into own world

·
Registered
10,927 Posts
I4sillypwr said:
Hi I don't care. If I see one more OMFGTEHRESRCESUXRSWTFBBQ thread I'm logging out of every CRX site forever.
i feel this way often there are a lot of posts about how the resource sucks and I could go a lifetime not seeing another one BUT if there is one I am always going to put my $.02 in just in case Steve and Michelle didnt see the last 1000 neg reply I had about the site.

oh and again BTW The community rocks!!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
on a positive note, i'm glad that Steve has seen the error of the resource's ways as far as bans go. but, without cooperation with other sites I think the bad past will continue to haunt. unless there is truely a sweeping change in the attitude there, others site like this one will continue to grow and prosper and the 'source will not be the source to go to for anything new. maybe its time has come and it should just be archived for the tech value and new posts stopped.

the new "golden age" of crx forums: CRX COMMUNITY !!! :D :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
daveb91 said:
akirarex said:
Dave everytime I see your avatar I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Autobots rule even though they stole it from robotech and this site rules we are the benchmark baby!!!
[Thread-jack]
For anyone who loves Robotech, I have the entire Gen1-Gen3 collection of Robotech Remastered on DVD (14 total, 87 episodes).

PM me for info.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled discussion
[/Thread-jack]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.