Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. After seeing the gauges seti used in his car, I thought I would look them up. The gauges turned out to be more than I'm willing to pay, but I noticed they also sell a stainless 4-2-1 header for pretty cheap. Does anyone have experiance (looking for fitment, build quality and longevity info) with their headers?

·
Registered
178 Posts
If it's the same as OBX I would stay away. My little brother got one and I rewelded three of the primary to head flanges welds after they cracked and rewelded the under engine hanger after it broke right off. I was to lazy to port it but seti is right that they just don't give a **** when they throw those hoes together.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have one on my DD Accord. The quality is there. The fitment is not. I had to snug 2 of the nuts on either end of the bolt pattern then tap the header into place. The bolt holes were too big and allowed the header to slop left right up down a good 1/8 inch in each direction from center. It's easy to center though and once done, it hasn't given me a problem for over 2 years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I guess it depends...my buddy put them on his stock d16a6 without any great drama. For the improvment and the price, they were well worth it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
grouch said:
I guess it depends...my buddy put them on his stock d16a6 without any great drama. For the improvment and the price, they were well worth it.
Wow we bought 3 of their 4-1 and love them? great fit and good power?
Are we talking about the same header?

·
Registered
494 Posts
So if a guy has the money to spend, which one is better. Not ok this, and ok that, which one is overall best? Forget price.

And can you get stainless steel DC headers?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Neil said:
So if a guy has the money to spend, which one is better. Not ok this, and ok that, which one is overall best? Forget price.

And can you get stainless steel DC headers?
Comptech, bisimoto or one of the hyped headers like JUN, Spoon and whatnot. It'll be top dollar tho. You won't see enough gains to justify an investment like that.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I just installed a DC Sports ceramic one...and it's probably the best bang for your buck. Good quality welds and perfect fitment. This was for a D16A6 engine.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would gladly take an AN-R header for my NA build...but I don't see that happening any time soon.

·
Registered
778 Posts
my obx fit just fine but i've heard bad storries from too many people about how much obx stuff sucks. i would stay away from it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts