Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lumpy53 has been complaining that he cannot get onto the community website. He thought the server was down for whatever reason. So, while he and I are talking, he asked me to send a post a thread to find out why he can't get on. Here's his e-mail address: [email protected]. He states he's tried two different ways. So, he thinks he's banned from the site.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Yeah, it must be something on his side. He's not banned. Why would I do that? I met him at N11, he's a nice guy. And I haven't banned anybody from this site. I'll email him and see if I can get some sort of troubleshooting going.

-Tom

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah...I was talking to him on the phone and he said he tried two different computers to access the community with no luck. He did mention he could access the "other" page...lol, and I told him I was on the community now. He had said that I was full of **** and that the server must be down. So, I was reading off the topics that were displayed. He did also mention that he hasn't been able to view the page since last week. His screen states that the page cannot be displayed. So, I mentioned to him that I would post a thread to get some help on his end.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Black_Krix_Si emailed me and has the same problem. I checked with him and Lumpy, and they are both using Adelphia for their ISP. I bet they're blocking it for some reason. I'll have them check with Adelphia to see if they can get it unblocked.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It must be a DNS issue. black_krix_si messaged me over on Honda-Tech because he's having the same kind of issue. I'm not sure how you could solve it though because it's probably an issue with the ISP's DNS not copying a complete list of DNS records.

·
Registered
734 Posts
stickershop said:
It must be a DNS issue. black_krix_si messaged me over on Honda-Tech because he's having the same kind of issue. I'm not sure how you could solve it though because it's probably an issue with the ISP's DNS not copying a complete list of DNS records.
For now, they could type in the IP address of the site. That would narrow it down to a DNS issue if that works, and it would allow them to get to the site while the problem is being resolved.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Yeah, it works by IP address, but they can't login because of links that still point to the DNS name. Adelphia said it was the client's local router issue. Totally BS. Adelphia has something screwed up on their DNS and it will take a while for them to admit it and fix it. Who knows?

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
sure, they can use mine temporarily...

ns1.mattminer.com aka 70.168.202.8

cox communications east coast name server is

ns.east.cox.net aka 68.1.16.101

those are the only 2 i know off the top of my ehad, but they should work. they are what i use for primary and backup DNS.

[email protected]

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yea I'm back!!!! Adelphia had a bad DNS server. If some one can get in touch will Black Krix let him know to manualy change his DNS server to 68.168.64.17 and alt 68.168.64.18 that fixed it for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.