Honda CRX Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Tian90crx said:
nice find man, i almost bought a wagon too, when i needed a daily. but ended up with another rex haha..
any plans for the wagon? or the crx?
Should of gotten one. They're really amazing to drive and the space is just perfect. Despite the fact that its like a 'grandparent cars' its still a dope stock looking ride, that is till you modify and fix them up :)b

CRX is getting built. Gonna try and stab at two cars at once. Major plans for summer car events for my rex & hopefully the wagon as well. As for the Wagon I'm hoping it'll come along right behind the CRX. Trying to do it big and all solo, cause my CRX was fixed but 1st impound took $1570 from me in parts and the 2nd impound took $250ish and since then its been a hassle to build my ride when daily driving it. SO with my new Wagon I'm planning on finishing the rex since it'll be sitting.

Keep an eye out for it within the upcoming months. Rex is def gonna get a lot of love. Although this Wagon might just take a bite to get in the way of my rex build... Irregardless, I got a few swaps coming into the rex + goodies before its done. Like I said, keep an eye out for it, you'll like the updates!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
October 26, 2011 Civic Wagon Visit's Bako
Took off the stock 1990 DX Civic Wagon rims for my stock 1988 CRX Si rims.

November 14, 2011 Stock Height of Civic Wagon

November 15, 2011 Lowered Civic Wagon Pt.1
Took off my CRX cheap coilovers and put them on this fat girl.

November 16, 2011 Lowered Civic Wagon Pt.2
Slight adjustment and tune to my ride. Much needed for my job. So I went slightly lower. :lol:

November 17, 2011 Wagon Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Pt.1

November 18, 2011 Wagon Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Pt.2

November 27, 2011 Civic Wagon Under Hood Shot's

November 28, 2011 Wagon Tuneup
Alternator went out on me while delivering on the job. My friend Doug came to jump my battery, only to have my car die on me in 20-25sec while driving. Had to call him back to re-jump it several times in till he stayed and followed, as I got "safely" home. My car died on me 6x about every major block away just trying to make it home.

The worst times was 1) when I had to swerve on the opposite lane, to avoid being stuck in the intersection on a red light, only to get stuck in a major ditch then re-jump again 2) when there was a major accident near my work and cops were around, was stuck halfway from crosswalk, and my wagon of course was not registered, tagged, or insured... Typical stupid broke me. Both those times had me scarred and for my friend as he had to break a few laws to help me out a lot; nothing like brews and medical marijuana to repay him!
Old alternator inside copper wires were covered with filth

Newish old alternator taken from my 1988 Honda CRX Si that I kept.
Saving OEM parts comes in handy and saves cash!

November 28, 2011 Wagon D16z6 Mini-me Swap?
Picked up a really clean, good condition, low mileage D16z6 VTEC head for possible mini-me swap.

November 28, 2011 No Family, Just Wagon Love
Started to repair the door a bit, as it was just a eyesore, so this had to do.

Started to remove the front bumper for those OEM Honda 1989 Prelude Fog Lights

Sadly, I took no more updates after this, as I was 36min late to work trying to finish the cutouts for the fog lights installation and I had over cut the damn thing. So it was a fail.

December 6, 2011 D16z6 Touch Up
Decided this will be a gift for my brother. Future family mini-me swap project one day.

December 7, 2011 Wagon visits my CRX Si (shell)
It was awhile before I even got to see my CRX due to working so much. Started to wash it as soon as I arrived. Even though it sits in the garage heartless and moved-less. Couldn't resist the love it needed to get.

December 8, 2011 Exhaust Falls Off
I honestly wondered why my car wouldn't pass smog. Thought the smog tech was fucking with me. Everything else seemed to check off okay to me. Weeks later, I come to find out my little visit to my CRX was a major burn as my attempt heading back home, my exhaust falls off right after the catalytic converter.

Days before there was apparently a major hole somewhere in the piping. Near my shifter and center console. It had my wagon sounding like a hot rod... Anyways, about $50 from El Gato's Muffler shop and half-hour later from being welding back on I was good to go.

I honestly think a mishap of a wrong turn on the freeway way back. When my tired and not so clear minded self to swerve back onto heavy freeway traffic (stupid me), was due to my damaged exhaust. I literally got like 3ft of air before going over some major gnarly bumps. All this was due to a long drive back to Santa Maria then back home to Lancaster for a ticket I had got the day I was buying my Wagon out there (so called speeding ticket from asshole cop).

December 15, 2011 1972 Datsun 240z Purchase (Wagon Trade)
Since I got tired of working on the Civic Wagon, wasn't cutting my build interest, as I wanted to work on something more of a real car. I mean I already had a 1988 Honda CRX Si + had a dream car aside mine. That's a Datsun 240z. Specifically wanting a 1969 (1970) year model. So I went after just that, but couldn't find my year model (rare to see 'em for sale + expensive!).

Decided to try to trade my car for any year Datsun 240z. Took an entire day taken off from work at Pizza Hut just to hunt one down. When I was finally giving up, I found this 1972 Datsun 240z out in Fontana, CA looking for $2000 or some Honda, Jeep, any truck trade... Opted in for the trade, quick contact to seller and next few days I was heading his way. The rest is history.
Craigslist Ad

Day of trading for 1972 Datsun 240z

Towed my 240z home

Here's a close up inspection of it.

Now this is a project care for sure! As soon as it arrived I adjusted the carb's and had to put air in the tires. As well as do countless cleaning that seemed like no matter what amount of time I spent on her, she still seemed dirty inside and outside!

Plans are to build it on the side for school coming in Feb/March for automotive and welding classes. Also, for the mean time, this is actually daily driven and used for my work at delivering pizza at Pizza Hut!

My only regrets are trading along with my 1990 Civic Wagon were leaving the 1989 Prelude fog lights which I could of used on my CRX Si and leaving my stock 1988 CRX Si rims on the wagon. Aside from that I was happy with the trade and work I needed to do to it.

December 23, 2011 On The Job Snapshot
Decided I needed a brake while delivering pizza. So I took a quick pic and realized I had a good daily driver for now; it needs some minor engine tuneup!

December 25, 2011 240z Rear Hatch Inspection
Started to clean the rear hatch some more. In need of some new weatherstrip badly. Also discovered my hatch doesn't lock at all, extreme security failure! You can see the rear hatch closing where it meets the trunk hatch needs a new piece of sheet metal welded. No clue why previous owner didn't do that instead of using ****ty some body sealer/bondo ****, stupid!

January 1, 2012 CRX Interior Cleanup

January 3, 2012 Voltage Regulator Issue
My car was having a charge issue and not getting any current to the dash at all. So I knew something was up. Had to skip work as no matter if it was jumped or battery getting charged at AutoZone. Just wouldn't budge to turn over with any electrical current. Thought it was the alternator, but that wasn't the case. I had to replace my voltage regulator. Somehow I lost my pics of the new one, so all I have are pics of the old voltage regulator. Replacing it did the job and I was though and I was back on the road.

January 4, 2012 240z Electrical Inspection
Somewhere along my electrical wiring harness or components was killing my electrical flow. Lights would dim or interior cabin lights would diminish. Its a very common thing on 240z due to old wiring and how they were designed; very poorly. Didn't have money to drop $300+ for a new harness. So I just inspected and cleaned everything up.
Old Alternator

New Alternator

Battery Terminals Cleaning

Random Plug (still don't know what this is?)

January 5, 2012 Minor Maintenance
Plans of moving out where in the works. Needed to make sure my car was up for the trip 1st.

January 5, 2012 Big Move for College
Returned back to Bakersfield, CA for automotive and welding classes. Quit my job on the spot and left Lancaster, CA where I lived with some amazing friends that I've made in high school which turned out to be really close family (brothers) through out the 8 years of knowing them. Decided it was time to actually use my skills and knowledge to get back something in return, like a certificate or a degree! When I arrived I seen all this **** on top of my 1988 CRX Si and I was pissed!

January 8, 2012 Major Issue
Due to not fully working on my 240z engine internally before the move. Like replacing all the gaskets and tuning it back to OEM specs. I knew I'd have some issues. This happened soon enough and had regrets moving after seeing this...

January 12, 2012 ****ty Night Pictures

February 2, 2012 Washed my 240z 1st Time
Never bothered to actually wash my car as it was raining on and off through out December and I always drove my car in the rain while delivering pizza. So that was my car wash... Till today, 1972 Datsun 240z 1st car wash!

February 4, 2012 My Workshop

Removal of interior carpet for clean up as well as interior cabin clean up.

Could not remove this dead pedal at all. Even after Google research. I miss understood the how-to research and ended up slightly cracking this damn thing. Super pissed and irritated. I'll be on the hunt for a new one asap!

May 27, 2012 1988 Honda CRX Si Overview Pt.1
Inspecting what I have and will need for my build.

May 30, 2012 1988 Honda CRX Si Overview Pt.2
Inspected damages needed to be fixed and HOLY **** in need of new bushings everywhere!!

June 21, 2012 CRX Carpet Cleaning
MexiChriS said:
Removed my interior carpet as it needs to be stapled a bit to the plastic trimming that follows along the floor/door. Plus I plan on pressure washing it. Looks really nasty right now.
As a result of having retarded friends; spilling drinks and greasy food, no good! No more food in my car at all once it's rolling the streets again.

Also I plan on having my car gutted for the time being. Rear interior has taken a beating. So that should be out in awhile too
Posted and taken from "What did you do to your CRX today" since I don't ever update or share info...
I can't believe 3 months went by and I picked up right where I left off, the damn carpet!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
June 24, 2012 Interior Cabin Cleanup + Re-installation
Dirty interior cabin

After an entire day of cleaning and re-installing front half interior, finally got to lay back on my CRX Si seat once again. This brought back memories. So I sparked one up while I relaxed to 2pac.

June 24, 2011 Exhaust Re-installation
Touched up the exhaust with a sandpaper before installing.

June 25, 2012 Meguiar's Really Works!
This is the only product that touches my interior. Smells real good too!

July 4, No Family, Just CRX Love
Finally dug up my old suspension, back to stock height?

Never knew this. Wish I had when I swapped coilovers onto my Civic Wagon. Would of saved so much time!

Naked suspension. Soon to be assembled.

July 21, 2012 D16z6 and DC Sports Header Swap Package
My CRX Si next swap. Picked this up for like $300+ I believe? Can't remember. Complete D16z6 + engine harness and interior cabin harness + DC Sports Header... Decent engine from my good friend Ryan's 92 Civic DX Coupe. Crazy thing is, I stuffed this engine into my sisters 2011 Hyundai Elantra!! I guess they are useful :lol:

I also picked up a 1990 DX transmission. Was to dark at night to take pics or really inspect, but I trusted the seller, got connected from a long time friend in high school. Plus, the seller had a killer custom CRX Si (kinda ricer) but had a nice blue paint job and an amazing glasstop installation. He owned it for like 14yrs.

July 22, 2012 OEM Suspension Installation
My dad helped re-installing the suspension. Thought me quite a bit along the way. This guy hasn't been real close to me so it was cool to catch up and break a lot of grounds. He's actually been a new major supporter on my 1988 CRX Si build and on crafting my mechanical studies/skills.

Bad news though. Rear suspension wouldn't go on. He told me to check, double check, and align my suspension before setting them. Rear setup were aligned wrong due to my own mistake of pure excitement.

July 22, 2012 D16z6 Close Up Shots
Stashed the CRX goods in my room. To scrape away grime and stare at it all day.

July 22, 2012 1990 CRX DX Transmission (SL3 - PL3 - A100)
Major clean up done to the transmission was very needed. I like my **** this way.

July 23, 2012 D16z6 Engine Harness

July 23, 2012 D16z6 Intake Manifold

July 24, 2012 Honda OEM 1990 Sedan LX Power Mirrors
One of my most prized possessions. Along with my power windows taken from the same Sedan LX. Plans are to go onto my CRX Si. Whenever I get some serious time to sit back and tear apart my ride... Most likely never.

July 27, 2012 DC Sports Headers
This is gonna need some minor welding. Got that all setup whenever at my dads pad, luckily. I also probably wiped this thing down for about 3-5 hours. Not much of a change, but it definitely did start to look nicer and shine, rather than a faded **** brown crap of junk it had before.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Meech said:
Cant wait for the next update containing the current state of the car. :)b

Are you still in the AV?
Gonna hate me, but I found a crap load more pictures on my sisters macbook, so I'll be editing/uploading those before I get back onto posting anything else. I do have all the recent current stuff uploaded though. Be posted soon enough :)b

Also I'm actually out here right now visiting friends and family. I'm still a frequent visitor in the AV but I lay low when here... But for recent minor updates, I actually got hooked up with a spare D16z6 clutch kit for my DX transmission (more on that w/pics later)... now by any chance have we met before?

mugendreamsickle said:
i'm curious why do you have stripes on your hood? looks better though. :)b
If you don't mind, quote the photo with the stripes on my hood, I don't remember or know... :?:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Most likely not, but maybe if you know a Carlos with CRXs? I was just asking because I saw the area code. I'd like to meet Honda people out here other than the common Ave G racer with a fast mess.

As for the updates, Im the patient type. :)b

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
July 29, 2012 Ryan's Never Ending CRX Support
My good friend Ryan that I bought the D16z6 from came through with giving me some free stuff I needed. D16z6 VTEC valve cover and a clutch kit. This will save me some serious money.

July 30, 2012 Attempts To Fix Rear Suspension, 2nd Fail!
Again I didn't listen to my dads 1st advice. I just loosened them up and realigned back to how they were already assembled wrong. When I went back to install on my CRX it was nothing but a slap in my own face. I gave caring on my car due to this; not really, but....

July 30, 2012 Selling My Prized Goods
Ended up trading to ShortA25 (Jordan) my OEM LX Sedan Power Mirrors on top of cash for parts I needed for my CRX Si build.

July 31, 2012 D16z6 OEM Head Gasket
Much thanks to Nihkon (Jason) for the fast turnover, handling, and hookup.

August 1, 2012 Killer Deals
Local buy that saved me tons of money compared to online shipping fees....
- Tein springs w/ front stock shocks and KYB rear shocks
- Bumper core support (needed to fix my bumper alignment)
- D-series motor mounts + side post mount (needed for D16z6 swap)
- D-series Shift Linkage w/ bitch pin
- '88 CRX B-sash pillar driver side

August 3, 2012 D16z6 Gaskets + NGK Spark Plug Wires
Much thanks to DannyJizay (Danny) for hooking it up!
- NGK Spark Plug Wires
- Intake Manifold Gasket
- Header Gasket
- Valve Cover

August 4, 2012 De-looming Stock 1988 CRX Si Harness

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.