Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around how much give or take do u think i could attchieve horse power wise if i did a mini-me to my sohc zc?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I had a D16Z6 mini-me for a while, and it was about 125 HP (compared to 108 of the stock 91 Si D16A6)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
in theory, the z6/a6 mini me should have more then 125 hp due to the slight bump in compression comapred to a comlete z6 motor. This difference all comes out in the wash though.

So yeah, somewhere around there

·
Registered
144 Posts
My car out of time put down 104whp on the dyno. But shortly after (the same day) and bunch of crap happened. Timing jumped etc, so I don't know if that was why it dyno'd so freakin low. It definitely feels faster than 104whp. Who knows though? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
d16z6rex said:
in theory, the z6/a6 mini me should have more then 125 hp due to the slight bump in compression comapred to a comlete z6 motor. This difference all comes out in the wash though.

So yeah, somewhere around there
The difference probably offset the loss of horsepower due to wear and tear on the D16A6 block over the past 10 years.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the loss on a 125 hp engine from the crank to tthe wheels would be about 20 Hp so 104 at the wheels seems about right on par

Chris

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im going to go dyno my baby in a few weeks do the mini-me the same day and see what it comes out to. the sohc zc is sopose to have 128 hp to the crank so........ hopefully with the mini-me ill put that to the wheels :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts