Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
778 Posts
i took out my tensioner pulley spring. the tensioner runs all the way to the one side of the slot. i just pushed back on the tensioner before i bolted it back down. it makes it a lot easier to put the belt back on (i had to do this many times.)

i also had the car running with the distributor all the way advanced, like way advanced with the bolts out. i finally timed the cam "right". when you put the belt back on it's easiest, for me anyway, to put it over the idle gear last.

good luck.

· Registered
778 Posts
yeah, my belt sorta looks like it is slapping the motor mount at idle. i filled my motor mounts with polyeurethane so the motor shakes more at idle and so does the rest of the car, renders mirrors almost useless! somewhat.

but anyway yeah it sounded like the belt was smacking the mount. i am keeping an eye on this for now. i may need to take the mount off and grind it down. it doesn't seem to have this problem when you get on the throttle. the belt tensioner doesn't really fix the problem at all because of the direction of rotation of the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.