Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, I just did the mini me swap on my engine and cant figure out what this plug is for. Its a D16Y8 head and intake and this plug is on the TB under the TPS. Ive asked tom and he didnt know so i thought i would ask the rest of you. Here is a pic for refence. Its that pale green one.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Damnit Tom, you called me out!!!

So I looked around and found a couple of things that might help. First off, you have an automatic Y8 manifold, the IACV is on the throttle body and not the plenum. Also, the Y8 IACV is 3 wire, as opposed to the one in the CRX (or Z6), which is 2-wire. We need to add a plug, and do a little rewiring to use that one. Another option would be to drill some holes in the manifold and use a 2-wire one.

Here's something I found on HT:

I didn't know until now that the manifold is different from the Z6 or other one for wiring because I haven't used one before.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
To clarify (after we talked on AIM), you don't need to repin the ECU or harness. If you want to use that IACV you need to get the 3-pin plug for it, and connect the yellow/black (plug) to green/black (CRX harness) and black/blue (plug) to black (CRX). The third wire on the plug won't be used.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
dammit. you beat me to answering an easy question.

*shakes fist*

to my credit, i explained back in the day when you got that manifold that wed need to convert the IACV :)

or you can set the idle manually and disable the IACV error check

[email protected]

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know you explain something to me, i couldnt remember what though. Nor did i have any clue what you were talking about at the time. Guess i should've looked into it more. Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.