Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im asking this merely out of curosity, but I know the y7 dx head is non-vtec. What kind of compression would you get if you paired with a d16a6 block? 10.3?

http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm

I googled y7 minimes but I keep getting y7blocks and y8 heads. Would the be any benifts from using a y7 head instead of the a6 head?
Im not into the whole minime thing, more dohc ZC, but again I was curious.

oh and shadowcrx recommend I come back and say Hi...its 2:30am and Im bored...Too much Jolt cola... :twisted:

·
Registered
778 Posts
hmm i'm sure the Y7 head is somewhat different.

Looks like the Y8 is the same as the Y7 as far as CR goes.

I don't know as far as cams go which is better, the A6 or Y7.

I do know you can build a screamer out of the A6 with a race cam in it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its not a common question, that's why there are no responses.

We know a y8 head can go on an a6 block, and apparently a y8 head can go on an y7 block....reasoning says a y7 head will bolt to an a6 block.
But what does it do to compression ratio?

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
the same as a y8 head, it raises it. im almos positve the combustion chamber volume is identical on teh y8 and y7. it definitely bolts up as well.

just treat it like a y8 w/o vtec

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I was thinking, as an experiment, I could swap the y7 head on my stock a6...But its got a 184k on it. So Im not sure that would work so well.

I'll pick up a compression tester this weekend...I might do this just for fun before I throw in a DOHC ZC.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I wouldn't go to the trouble of putting a y7 head on my d16 unless there was something wrong with the a6 head. I don't think for the cost and effort involved that you'd really see that much of a power gain. Plus your PM6 ecu isn't really optimized for that combo anyway. I'd just stick with the stock setup, provided there is nothing wrong with it.
If you are itching to work on your car I'd start tearing into the suspension/bushings/etc. Build the base so that when you finally put a bigger better motor in it, you can drive it to its full potential. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea Im really itching...!!

I get to replace both my axles this weekend....Seems they both went bad the exact same time i was going to look at 91 Si for parts...Damn it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.