Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this lil Gem for sale ! just saw it in the local auttrader.
Year: 1989
Make: HONDA
Model: CRX
Model Detail: SI
Price: $8,500
Mileage: 120,000 km
Date: 11/20/2006
Ad Type: Private

NEVER WINTER DRIVEN!
Comment: Yellow, 1.6L, 5 spd., 4 wheel disc, power sunroof, factory stereo, clock etc. Brand new tires, new Honda battery, original paint, certified and e-tested. 120,000 km. $8500. (819)823-7935. Guelph.

PS: Im not sure, but I think this is the same car I went to go see a while ago...

click for pictures of crx

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I don't know if I'd really call that "expensive".
As we all know clean unmolested CRX's are getting harder and harder to find these days.
I also know from canadian friends that $8500 isn't really high for a clean example such as this in their area.
Nice car...Hope he gets what he's asking.

·
Registered
711 Posts
ollie said:
I don't know if I'd really call that "expensive".
As we all know clean unmolested CRX's are getting harder and harder to find these days.
I also know from canadian friends that $8500 isn't really high for a clean example such as this in their area.
Nice car...Hope he gets what he's asking.
Well i guess it depends on your perspective. The way i looked at it, i couldn't justify spending that amount on a base, because i'd want to build my car. It is clean, and i can totally see somebody paying that amount for it, because its really hard to come across a clean crx thats been taken car of all its life, for 17 years! (almost my age). At the same time i could also see someone else (with a different perspective) see that as a piece of junk 17 year old car that has no technology in it, and isn't safe... for 8 grand?!?!?

If i wasn't a student, i think i would have a different perspective...

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't care how clean it is, that's overpriced. It would have to be in 100% showroom condition with like 25,000 miles on it for me to even consider paying anything CLOSE to that much. 75,000 miles is low, but not amazingly low. I paid $3,200 USD for an Integra LS with lower mileage than that a couple of years ago, and that was from a dealer. Granted, Integras aren't quite as hard to find as an unmolested CRX Si, but I've seen some amazing CRXs sell for around $5k. $7500 is pushing it for *any* CRX.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
I don't care how clean it is, that's overpriced. It would have to be in 100% showroom condition with like 25,000 miles on it for me to even consider paying anything CLOSE to that much. 75,000 miles is low, but not amazingly low. I paid $3,200 USD for an Integra LS with lower mileage than that a couple of years ago, and that was from a dealer. Granted, Integras aren't quite as hard to find as an unmolested CRX Si, but I've seen some amazing CRXs sell for around $5k. $7500 is pushing it for *any* CRX.
Does seem a tad high, but 75k for a 17yr old car is pretty good.
The Integra argument doens't really hold with me. What yr Integra LS? Depending on generation, Tegs are a little easier to find since they are everywear, especially a LS, did have a longer production run and they def pushed more Tegs out the door than Crx's.
A top of the line ORIGNAL, untouched, Crx, that old, in that nice of shape, with that low milage is hard to find. I agree that 7k is a tad high, but if he got 6k for it, it would not surprise me.

Just depends on ones own personal perspective i suppose and what the market for these cars will sustain.

·
Registered
734 Posts
baker423 said:
The Integra argument doens't really hold with me. What yr Integra LS? Depending on generation, Tegs are a little easier to find since they are everywear, especially a LS, did have a longer production run and they def pushed more Tegs out the door than Crx's.
I know -- that's why I said that granted, they aren't as hard to find...this was a 91 Teg, BTW. I just don't think 75K miles has the certain "holy [email protected], that's amazingly low mileage" factor that would make me spend over 7 grand on a car, it's just lower than average mileage. If it had 25 or 30K and was perfect, I can see asking that kind of money...not this car, though.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
I just don't think 75K miles has the certain "holy [email protected], that's amazingly low mileage" factor that would make me spend over 7 grand on a car, it's just lower than average mileage.
With about 75k on it and it being 17 yrs old, that is roughly less than 5k miles a year, not bad for something almost 20 yrs old. Again, depends on ones own personal perspective and what the market for something like this is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.