Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know the story, I won a Glock26 (subcompact 9mm) with a $3.00 raffle ticket. I later traded the gun to a friend for his very used Heckler & Koch USP Compact .40 cal. Then decided to trade in the .40 for the 9mm I have now.

When it was all said and done, I ended up with around $278.xx into the trades and such and I ended up with a brand spanking new H&K USP Comapct 9mm. (MSRP $799)

Many people reacommended a larger model of Glock 9mm, but I prefer the H&K for a few reasons; Mostly for more comfortable grip, external safety and decocking device.

I have kids in the house, and let's just say for some reason they get a hold of my gun, I don't feel the Glock offers enough safety with jsut the trigger safety they have. (Note: I use a chamber lock, trigger lock, case lock, all locked in a gun safe. I am just assuming that someday my kids could still possibly get passed all of that)

Anyhow, here's a few pics

Pretty little case she came in:

*makes the sound of when they released Han Solo from the carba-whatever* Chhssshhhhhhhhhhhhh...:

All the toys it came with:

BOOM! Headshot! (pre cleaning of shipping oil)

Taking Aim. (God, I'm ugly. And a lefty, lol)

I also got a 4 extra mags to go with it.

I got my AR-15 back from bushmaster today also. It had problems feeding the rounds. I haven't had time to take it out yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I also picked up a used Mossberg 702 "Plinkster" .22lr with a 4x15 scope for $40. It was filthy and wouldn't fire, until I cleaned it. I put 300 rounds through it last weekend, and it fires great now. I love good bargains.

So there it is, what you all think?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Very nice. Hope to get one of my own once the age comes around.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Really nice toys.

Few questions tho;
Isn't the safest place to keep it on your person? Handguns are for protection right? How are you going to protect yourself when you have to unlock the thing first?

The only way to make sure your kids don't get to it, is to never let the gun out of your sight.

...maybe that's just me.

I think that rifle is a sweet deal for $40. I never realised how incredibly cheap guns can be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
uhm.....

why is your finger on the trigger?
:?
I was just about to post that!! No fair Mark, you gotta get back on DAY SHIFT! Man I gotta get up earlier!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
uhm.....

I really dislike my old digital camera too...but I also enjoy having two opposable thumbs/fingers......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Niiiice. I just bought a .45 from my good friend. Came with hollow tips and an extra clip. Very cool. Chrome and black.

·
Registered
859 Posts
here is my anit-burglar device, eh at night i bet its hard to tell is not real

oh and ya i just woke up and read this post and the gun was sitting on my deask right in front of me, i am not in the mind sanity yet

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SETI20 said:
Really nice toys.

Few questions tho;
Isn't the safest place to keep it on your person? Handguns are for protection right? How are you going to protect yourself when you have to unlock the thing first?

The only way to make sure your kids don't get to it, is to never let the gun out of your sight.

...maybe that's just me.

I think that rifle is a sweet deal for $40. I never realised how incredibly cheap guns can be.
I have my conceal/carry permit for PA, but it's not valid in NY state, where I work. So, I have to lock em up nice and tight so my wife, kids, and other random members in the house cannot get to them. For protection, I have the pistol on my person when I am not headed to/from work.

Mark said:
Why is your finger on the trigger
I had just unpacked it from the shipping box and cleaned the shipping oil out of it. I don't have any ammunition for it (didn't at the time) and a friend asked for a pic of it looking down the barrel, and that's what came out. *shrug* I was 1billion percent sure it was safe. I have ammo for it now, and there is always that possibility of it "accidentally" getting loaded, so I wouldn't touch the trigger again. It was a one time opportunity to take that pic with no danger to anyone.

CrxCarl said:
And you invited me to stay at your house! :shock: :D
Now you all know why I don't get the random Jahova's witnesses at my place...

Answer the door one time like that wearing a wife beater tshirt and a bair of boxers holding a beer, and they tend to not come around anymore...

Nice Pic Composimo... Here's another of mine now that I've gotten it back and added on some more of my accessories: Still waiting for deliver of my picatanny handguard, rail mount laser, flashlight holder and folding front handle:

shadowcrx said:
here is my anit-burglar device, eh at night i bet its hard to tell is not real

oh and ya i just woke up and read this post and the gun was sitting on my deask right in front of me, i am not in the mind sanity yet
1911, nice. .45acp, right? what brand/model ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
uhm.....

Gun saftey is for chumps!! :roll:

On a serious note though, I hate you all!!! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Devin said:
Niiiice. I just bought a .45 from my good friend. Came with hollow tips and an extra clip. Very cool. Chrome and black.
Aren't you 17? WTF dude... put some money in your car or something, not a freakin gun.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Didn't realize there were so many "hunters" on this board.

I use to be a gun owner when I lived in a small town. But since going off to school and living in the city, I probably haven't touched a gun in probably 6-7 years. But then I just owned a Winchester 30-30, a Mossberg 12 gauge for turkey hunting, Mossberg 20 gauge for rabbits, squirrells, and smaller birds, a Remington 700 30-6 for dear. Last but not least was my Winchester model 97 that was nickel plated and had extended barrel with an extra full choke that was used for shooting competitions.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Devin wrote:

PURPLE CRX WROTE:
Aren't you 17? WTF dude... put some money in your car or something, not a freakin gun.

·
Registered
230 Posts
purplecrx said:
Devin said:
Yeah I am 17. And yeah I got a gun. And no Charles.

·
Registered
428 Posts
HUNTING!?! You want to use a firearm on a poor defenseless critter!?!

Man, some people are just sicko!

The only reason to get a cool firearm like an AR15 or a 9mm or .40S&W or .45 is to shoot human beings with. Really how can people sleep at night after shooting an animal? I can't even eat things that look too much like they came off a critter.

I can't wait to find a spot around here to break out my SKS Paratrooper model (Short barrel). I still have to get a 10 round clip for it, I don't think my 30 round semi detachable mag is legal here in Cali.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts