Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
mithuth said:
shadowcrx said:
here is my anit-burglar device, eh at night i bet its hard to tell is not real

oh and ya i just woke up and read this post and the gun was sitting on my deask right in front of me, i am not in the mind sanity yet
1911, nice. .45acp, right? what brand/model ?
huh i missed it lol, the gun is a bb gun lol

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
xxpaulcpxx said:
The only reason to get a cool firearm like an AR15 or a 9mm or .40S&W or .45 is to shoot human beings with.
See that's the problem. I probably would shoot someone without blinking.
Might be best if I don't own a gun, unless it came with a badge.

I'd have to swallow three times before putting a dog down or something.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Devin:
Dude WTF?!
Your not even old enough to own a rifle let alone a pistol!(I checked your state gun laws)
Also why in GOD's green earth do you need hollow points?! :shock:

On another note...Mithuth:Thanks for making me sin.I'm coveting your collection.The AR-15 brings back my old Army days of carrying a M-16.(sigh,I miss that ol girl)I could shoot a gnat's balls off at 100 yards....well at least it looked like that. :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
shadowcrx said:
dont bring a knife to a gun fight....

a BB gun! you'll shoot your eye out!!!

no seriously.. I wouldnt pull that out with the intention of scaring somebody off.. they might pull something out too.. and it probably wouldnt be a BB gun!

DEVIN!!! dude! your 17, you dont need a handgun!!! that will only get you into trouble man.. have somebody who is 21 get rid of it.. LEGALLY by the way.. and buy something for your ride. Wait until you are legally able to buy a gun, and then go right ahead.. but I would hate to see somebody get in trouble with something that is really taken seriously in this country!

Be careful man.. regardless of how "cool" you and your buddies think it may be.. it really isnt cool.. cool would be selling it off and being a responsible.

Im not saying that your toting this gun around, and acting like a hard core gangsta with it around your friends.. but when I was 17 or 18.. thats what I would of been doing...

do the right thing man... do the right thing..

end of lecture..

Sneak

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
purplecrm said:
Devin said:
Niiiice. I just bought a .45 from my good friend. Came with hollow tips and an extra clip. Very cool. Chrome and black.
Aren't you 17? WTF dude... put some money in your car or something, not a freakin gun.
Over time, guns hold their value, cars don't. I say investing $$ in guns is just as sensable as in a car. *shrug*

*edited*
ADDED:
I apparently missed a lot of the above posting, and didn't realize you were in possesion ILLEGALLY of a firearm. I do not condone that at all, and wouldn't hesitate to turn you in if I were near you. Responsible gun ownership/use is my #1 priority when dealing with firearms. Hell, I don't even clean mine when the kids are awake, just in the event the gun discharged accidentally, or they see the guns and want to "play" with them.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
mithuth- congrats on the new "toy", I have a USP as well. Mine is a 9mm too, but older and is the police version that has the hammer release switch, where yours has the safety. Whats the clip capacity on the compact models?
Im kind of going in kind of an opposite direction in my gun buying, I got a new bushmaster M4 a couple of weeks ago, but Ive barely had time to put 2 boxes of ammo through it, right now Id say its almost more fun to shoot than the USP..

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
CrxCarl said:
You carry a handgun around with you all the time? I live in Deeeeetroit and I don't even do that.
I carry all the time, and if I were in Michigan with a carry permit, you bet your bippy I would be armed at all times. It's my 2nd amendment right

shadowcrx said:
Your BB gun looks like my friend's Springfield 1911 .45ACP (different color scheme though.
Click Here

ollie said:
On another note...Mithuth:Thanks for making me sin.I'm coveting your collection.The AR-15 brings back my old Army days of carrying a M-16.(sigh,I miss that ol girl)I could shoot a gnat's balls off at 100 yards....well at least it looked like that. :lol:
You're welcome to drive on over to the northwest corner of PA where I live, and shoot up some targets with me.

red89si said:
mithuth- congrats on the new "toy", I have a USP as well. Mine is a 9mm too, but older and is the police version that has the hammer release switch, where yours has the safety. Whats the clip capacity on the compact models?
Im kind of going in kind of an opposite direction in my gun buying, I got a new bushmaster M4 a couple of weeks ago, but Ive barely had time to put 2 boxes of ammo through it, right now Id say its almost more fun to shoot than the USP..
hammer release - aka decocker ... mine's the same. up is safe, middle is fire, down is decocking. Probably the same gun, or maybe yours is hte full size USP 9mm. The mag capacity is 13 rounds per mag. I have 6, but carry 3. 1 in the gun, 2 in a dual mag belt holder.

I also reciently got my Bushmaster M4a3 Carbine. I've put about 60 rds through it and had to send it back to get the feed ramps deburred and polished. I got it back on 3/8/06 (today) and haven't had time to go put any rounds through it. maybe this weekend I will have time to put a few hundred through it.

I got it bad. I bought the M4 in Feb and the USP 9mm and .22lr in March. I'm looking at an AK47, a SKS, and a .270 hunting rifle right now. Perhaps in a few weeks I can get one of them if hte overtime at work keeps steady.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
You have to be a certain age to own a gun?!
Devin, come to New Hampshire. The only time you need a permit is if you want to conceal a handgun. You can carry an exposed gun around with you all you want, as long as it's not loaded, and the permit is only 10 bucks. Almost every kid goes shooting with their parents by 14 or 15. I'm not a "gun person" really, but I have shot my fare share of rifles and shotguns, and 2 pistols, a ruger .22 and my grandfather's .45 (WWII issued).
I think this came up on the resource... there must be a lot of libertarians here, check out the free state project (NH again!).

·
Registered
144 Posts
I whole heartedly hope you are arrested in person by one Mark Williamson w/ the gun on you Devin. I can trust Mark will give you a good talking to and get you out of whatever 'hustling' you've gotten yourself into. I hope this post is reported to the police as well. 17 year olds running around w/ .45s w/ hollow points in them in not my idea of using your 2nd amendment rights properly.

On the other end of the spectrum, you all have some nice toys. I appreciate them because you own them, ahem, LEGALLY, and it is your right to have them. I've never shot a gun in my life (besides a paintball gun), but I definitely want to try sometime soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Are you guys serious?!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a gun at 17. I got my first gun (.22 Hornett) when I was probably 11 or 12. Yeah its not a handgun but still assuming there is someone around who is able to teach you properly how to and not to use it and how to respect it there is nothing wrong with having and using firearms at a relativly young age.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
bmaca455 said:
Are you guys serious?!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a gun at 17. I got my first gun (.22 Hornett) when I was probably 11 or 12. Yeah its not a handgun but still assuming there is someone around who is able to teach you properly how to and not to use it and how to respect it there is nothing wrong with having and using firearms at a relativly young age.
Having your father buy you a .22 long gun and holding it in his gun cabinet is a LOT different than having a 17yo in possesion of a handgun illegally, reguardless of the teachings. (if it;s illegal, I can't even call it owning)

ok, back on topic:

Mithuth, I love your gun collection. You should buy more.. a LOT more!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Geez get off my nuts. Im not carryin around a frickin gun. I also have several rifles. And all of mine were bought legally so step off. Sheesh.

And purple, just shut your fuckin mouth. You have no idea what your talking about. You uptight little girl.
"O ME GAWWWDDD! Hes got a gun"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Devin said:
Geez get off my nuts. Im not carryin around a frickin gun. I also have several rifles. And all of mine were bought legally so step off. Sheesh.

And purple, just shut your [potty mouth] mouth. You have no idea what your talking about. You uptight little girl.
"O ME GAWWWDDD! Hes got a gun"
I was not going to post anything in regards to you self admittedly possessing a .45 semi-auto pistol. That is until I saw the response you wrote to those who attempted to, umm counsel you about it. You live in Missouri correct? Well in case you didn't know (BTW ignorance of the law in NO excuse)

I qoute
"JUVENILE POSSESSION
Are minors restricted from possessing guns?

State law does not directly restrict juveniles from possessing handguns without parental permission or authorized supervision, but no handgun permits are granted to people under 21. There are no restrictions on juveniles possessing rifles or shotguns including semiautomatic assault weapons.

end Qoute"

A little more
"JUVENILE SALE
Is it illegal to sell guns to kids? Yes

State law restricts selling or giving handguns to juveniles under 21, and other firearms to juveniles under 18, except for supervised loans of firearms or for limited lawful activities (such as hunting).

end qoute"
MO ST 571.060
Now more
"SECONDARY SALES
Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales?

State law requires people buying or otherwise acquiring ownership of a handgun to obtain a purchase permit from local law enforcement, which requires applicants to go through a criminal background check. Permits may take up to 7-days to be issued. A purchase permit and background check are not required for people buying assault weapons, shotguns and rifles from private sellers, including sales at gun shows, swap meets, or through Internet or newspaper advertisements.
Missouri Statutes 571.090
end Qoute"

Yet some more.
"WAITING PERIOD
Is there a waiting period on gun sales? Yes

State law requires handgun buyers to first obtain a permit-to-purchase a handgun. Law enforcement may take up to 7 days to issue the permit, during which time they can do a background check. The permit is valid for 30 days. Also see: License Or Permit to Purchase.

end Qoute"

That was just a quicky search on my part. I am not a cop in Missouri, but let me tell you, if I was to find a handgun in your possesion here in Florida and you are 17, I would FOR SURE charge you with felony possesion of a firearm under S.S. 790.22
I'm sure the State Attorney would then go after whoever provided that weapon to you, under S.S. 790.18 and 790.22

edit for statute # error

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ok guys, I know I've participated in the off topic discussion about Devin's firearms, but let's take it to PMs (or a new thread, etc..) and get back on track.

Back on topic:

If anyone has any comments or critisisms, I'm happy to hear them.
I also LOVE seeing all your gun pics too.

Seti, where'd all the pics go of you and Mark's day out shooting from ur webpage? I liked looking at them back when you first posted 'em a while ago...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have several rifles and a handgun. They are legal. They were bought by my own father and given to me. I know gun safety. You all just ASSUME I carry the damn thing around and have it to be "COOL" or some other stupid crap. Purple try shooting a gun before lecturing on them. K thanks.

And the hollow tips...wtf does that have to do with anything. I got hollow tips in my .22 rifle. :roll: Pfft.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whoa, calm down Devin. If it's a hobby that's cool, I have plenty of friends that shoot guns. The impression I got was you had it illegally and that your intent was to use it illegally. Sorry. Just be careful with that thing.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.