Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
What kind of optics do you have on that AR?

I like my iron sights. quick target acquisiton, and they are rugged. I'd be afraid I'd drop my rifle and break that thing.

Oh, and what's her name?
Trijicon TA01 ACOG
LINK HERE

Details said:
The ACOGs are internally-adjustable, compact telescopic sights with tritium illuminated reticle patterns for use in low light or at night. Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC)* models feature bright daytime reticles using fiber optics which collect ambient light. The ACOGs combine traditional, precise distance marksmanship with close-in aiming speed. Although the ACOGs have many features which are very advantageous for military use, they were developed by Trijicon without government funding.
Designed for use with the M16 family, every feature of its mechanical and optical design was chosen for a single purpose: to provide increased hit potential in all lighting conditions -- without failure-prone batteries.
Click here for a prodict detail pic.

Basically it's indestructable, anti-fogging, life time warrentied.
And for what I paid for it, it freakin better be! lol.

As far as Iron sights go, I liek them too. EASY to use, etc... The TA01 has an open bottom so you can still use the Iron sights as well as the ACOG if you want.

It was a once in a lifetime purchase. Would I do it again? Sure, but I would spend a bit more on the TA11, it's made for hte flat top model ARs.

What I really want to do is work on getting my Class3 license and get a full auto reciever. But that won't happen for a long time, I have so much other stuff going on right now.

As for the name, I call HIM .. Jansen ... there are many like it, but this one is mine. ... etc... lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hammer release - aka decocker ... mine's the same. up is safe, middle is fire, down is decocking. Probably the same gun, or maybe yours is hte full size USP 9mm. The mag capacity is 13 rounds per mag. I have 6, but carry 3. 1 in the gun, 2 in a dual mag belt holder.

I also reciently got my Bushmaster M4a3 Carbine. I've put about 60 rds through it and had to send it back to get the feed ramps deburred and polished. I got it back on 3/8/06 (today) and haven't had time to go put any rounds through it. maybe this weekend I will have time to put a few hundred through it.

I got it bad. I bought the M4 in Feb and the USP 9mm and .22lr in March. I'm looking at an AK47, a SKS, and a .270 hunting rifle right now. Perhaps in a few weeks I can get one of them if hte overtime at work keeps steady.[/quote]

Youre correct, mine is the full size version, but my capacity is 15 rounds per clip, the .40 version has the 13 round clips. I rarely ever load it to full capacity either though, usually 5 or 6 per clip. Ive been told by several gunsmiths its hard on the clipsprings to store rounds in clips at full capacity. My decocker is different, there is no up position, only middle/fire and down/decocking, but my owners manual mentions something about that being part of a -3 or -4 variant, which Ive heard could be either a police or MP option...

On your M4, didnt you say your feed was the reason you sent it back? Ive heard of similar feed problems but all have been described as clip-related, not with the gun itself, and most of those problems were "resolved" by getting the clip made by HK (if you dont mind spending 60 bux on a 30 round clip).

A friend of mine just bought a romanian AK47 less than a month ago, its a blast to shoot, but if you put 30 rounds through it consecutively, the barrel is hot to the touch, you can even smell the heat coming off of it for a good 5 minutes....

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
red89si said:
A friend of mine just bought a romanian AK47 less than a month ago, its a blast to shoot, but if you put 30 rounds through it consecutively, the barrel is hot to the touch, you can even smell the heat coming off of it for a good 5 minutes....
I'm looking at a AK at a local shop right now. It's beeeeeeutiful. hehehe.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
[I'm looking at a AK at a local shop right now. It's beeeeeeutiful. hehehe.[/quote]

Do you know if its russian, romanian, or a chinese version? My friend picked up his romanian version for $400.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
mithuth said:
As for the name, I call HIM .. Jansen ...
:shock:
:?

AK's are as rugged and dependable as all get out, but they aren't terribly accurate. Eastern European manufacturing, after all.

As for the Trijicon, I have heard really good things about them, but I'm still not convinced of my need for optics. I not going to be shooting at anyone at distances where optics would necessarily help. If somebody is 100 yards away, I got no business firing at them. I'm in Boise, not Basra, so I am sticking with the iron sights.
Mark, in the link Seti posted, what's the specs on your AR? is it a 20" barrel? details man, give me details... lol.

My friend and I are debating what it is and I won't divulge details of what i think it is until you post.

As for the ACOG, it wasn't about NEED, more about want. :twisted:

red89si said:
Do you know if its russian, romanian, or a chinese version? My friend picked up his romanian version for $400.
It is a Russian AK, I didn't look at the price tag. I never do until I'm convinced I'm buying it. Then I haggle.

When it's all sad and done, my AR will look similar to this one, (Note: this one is NOT mine, I found it on hte web)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
It's a Colt AR-15A3. I call her "Keisha."

CALIBER 5.56mm (.223 Rem)
METHOD OF OPERATION Gas; Direct system; Locking bolt
WEIGHT W/O MAGAZINE 7.0 lb (3.2 kg)
LENGTH (stock retracted) 32 in (81 cm)
LENGTH (stock extended) 35 in (89 cm)
BARREL LENGTH 16.1 in (41 cm) HEAVY barrel
SIGHT RADIUS 14.5 in (37 cm)
EFFECTIVE RANGE 600 m
It's completely stock except for the Streamlight M3 light system and the tactical sling. I carry it with two 30 rd magazines.
Drat, I was wrong.
I have the 14.5" barrel with a fixed izzy compensator. Looking at mine, then at yours, I coulda swore yours was a 20" barrel... *shrug* It's still badass!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.