Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm miuq, from Barcelona (Catalunya, Spain) :D

I'm going to buy a Honda CRX, but I don't know wich mechanical thinks I have to look at to ensure that everything is ok. :?

Could you help me about that, please? :wink:

Thak you very much!

Excuse me for my bad english, the last time I wrote in English was ten years ago.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome. Its good to see the community stretches as far as it does.

Things to look for when buying a crx is mainly personal taste. If you have the mechanical prowess as many do here then you may be able to fix most common problems.

Yet the main problem is rust. (not sure what its like over there) Rust can be anywhere and everywhere...so...beware!

Interior condition: Its really about how much you care. I know people who have rips and tears-yet they don't mind.

Engine wise-depends on the milage and how well kept it is. Make sure its not too beat up.(i.e. no smoke, visible damage, weird noises, check engine light)

Welcome again, and im sure alot more people will shed more light on what to look for.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Welcome to the CRX Community!

There is actually someone near you that can help! Contact Mario Alonso, of www.par-maximo.com ([email protected]) He is one of my best friends, and is a Honda-addict 8)

Tell him that John Ward sent you. He knows a LOT about what to look for in CRXs, and will be able to assist you in looking at ones you find so that you can get a good one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank yo so much for your quickly replys.

Tomorrow maybe I'll go to see the one I would like to buy. I promise to upload photos here.

If I can, before buying it, I'll go with a mechanic to ensure that everything is quite ok.

I tried to search Mario Alonso here in the community, but I couldn't find it to send him a private message. Maybe he can help me more.

Thank you everybody for all. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everybody.

Last day I went to see it, but it hadn't battery, so I couldn't try it so much. Maybe on Monday I'll go with a mechanicher to see it better.
Here you can see some photos I did it, I hope you enjoy it:

Engine:

Millage (in kilometres):

Side:

Back:

Front:

What do you think about it? :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it is from a friend of my. He also it's on the photos. I only have the Renault Kangoo 4x4 that it's here on the left (1.9 dCi 4 cylinders, 80 CV) :oops: .

The Toyota 4 Runner it's a V8 petrol (Not Gas-oil). That it's something unusuall here in Spain, where petrol it isn't cheap. Here nearly all motors are 4 cylinders gas-oil with turbo. And if you compare the sound of this with the v8 petrol ... :lol:

miuq :wink:

PD. I'm the one of the left:

Bigger -->http://miuq.iespana.es/Fotos4x4/Imagen 060.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
SUWEET!

Wait a minute...77Kilos and only 1500 euro?!
For you non metric system fellow americans thats a 48.000 mile rust free looking crx for less than $2,000 dollars.
Nice deal,and a ZC to boot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here, the name for petrol is "Gasolina" and for diesel "Gas-oil". I don't like to say Diesel, because that's the name of the inventor of this kind of engine.
Then we should say Otto for petrol's engines.

That kind of mistakes "gas-oil" are because my bad english ... :oops:

Could you also explain what means this, please: "Nice deal,and a ZC to boot!" I don't understand the second part.

Thank you everybody. :wink:

On Tuesday I'll go with the mechaniker to see it, I'm very nervous!!! :rolleyes1:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.