Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
Great thread guys. Glad to see others think that a smoother map make a happier car.

I know of at least one local tuner that thinks I am nuts for trying to smooth out y fuel map and timing maps.

Great point about the speed density(Hondas), and mass air systems. It really does make things trickier on a speed density setup, but not too terrible IMO.

· Registered
222 Posts
ChokolAwt said:
downest said:
ChokolAwt said:
how exactly did you "whip up" a basemap in neptune? did you download the stock map and edit it from there? or is there a way to start from scratch and set a max manifold pressure on the map and max rev?
NepTune has a great basemap system (this car is on RTP) that makes it cake compared to the freeware solutions.
umm, but how exactly? I mean... i remember talking with matt and you need to pull like .5 degrees of timing for every pound of boost (compounded) and i found turboedit has a function for that... and fuel needs to incrase by 10% compounded and i found a function for that... but what i cannot figure out for the life of me, is how to "create" a basemap... do you start out with a stock map and edit it from there?

or is there like a blank map that you create?

could you go through the steps in neptune and maybe i can correlate parts of it to turboedit?

thanks
~Tim
TE is very different form Neptune.

In TE you just need to select the NGxx ROM with the same MAP sensor that you are going to be using.

I have version 2.5.2, which is still NG60 code base, therefore the files to choose form are: ng60_18, ng60-3bar, ng60_2.5bar, and STOCK-PR3

If you are still on a stock MAP sensor, then you will use NGxx18 as the basemap. You open the file and finish up the basemap form there.

· Registered
222 Posts
You should just start with the NG60 code and modify the map properties to closely match that of the PM7 map.

Personally, I would just start with the NG60 map and tune it form there.

Be sure to choose the correct one to match the MAP sensor that you are using.

· Registered
222 Posts
ChokolAwt said:
snm95ls said:
You should just start with the NG60 code and modify the map properties to closely match that of the PM7 map.

Personally, I would just start with the NG60 map and tune it form there.

Be sure to choose the correct one to match the MAP sensor that you are using.
i dont see different ones based on map sensor size... i do notice you can change the map sensor in turboedit... i currently have mine set for stock...

where are the NGxx code bases that are based off of different map sensor sizes?
We must be using different iterations of Turbo Edit.

EDIT: Just looked at the properties menu. You can rescale to different MAP sensors in there as well. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you have a TE compatible map then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.