Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested, here is a meet I'm planning for this year. It originated as the www.midwestcrx.org meet. My club, Autotechniques, was the main attendence of last years meet. We are open to anyone and everyone. Here is the details from other posts about this years meet.

I think you might like what I have to show you......

This meet was held in Chippewa Falls last year. It includes good food, good driving, good people, and a damn good overall time. I do my best to keep the cost down for everybody, which includes travel time to get there. That is why I am having the meet in the Wisconsin Dells this year.

At this point I am working a deal with the Kalahari resort to get condos RIGHT ON THE WATER PARK!!

Information gathered up to this point:
Date and time of this event: September 15 and 16
Location of this event: Wisconsin Dells, WI. Kalahari Resort
Meet organized by: Neil of Autotechniques and Midwestcrx.org
Groups in attendance so far: AT, Midwestcrx.
Estimated total cost per person: With gas, condo, fun parks, etc, I would say the total for the weekend would be AROUND $175. That should include everything. From gas money, to lodging. I will keep you posted as I find out more info.

Keep in mind folks, the more people, the cheaper it will be for everyone!!!!!

OK here is what I have compiled so far......

I have been working on getting our rooms at the kalahari. In fact, I even hitched a ride with a couple insurance geeks (long story), and personally set us up a deal that i don't think we're gonna beat.

Here's what I have so far:

September 14th thru the 16th (Friday through Sunday)
2 night stay at the kalahari resort
www.kalahariresort.com

I can get us $50 a piece for a room for two nights. That's $25 a night. I will try to reserve a block of rooms, and you can make your own reservations. I am not dedicating my check book to any part of this, you are on your own folks.

Keep your eyes peeled, I will be posting updates periodically.

As far as the "entertainment" aspect goes, here is what I have found to date:

I would like to do a "fun run" of some sort. There are lots of nice roads around there, so we will have a good one.

But otherwise, here is a rough run down of things to do:

1) The Dells Duck tours are open until October. It's kind of a slick little ride on an old army duck amphibious vehicle. A little on land, on water ride that takes about a half hour.

2) MT Olympus Theme park. They have rollercoasters, lots of go-karts, and water park. I'm not sure of the hours of operation, but I will post as soon as I know. This would be the best bet for go-karts. They have a kick-a$$ set up for I think three tracks on different elevations.

3) Top Secret. It's just that. It's an indoor tour, but the rest is top secret. The only thing I can tell you is that it's open year round.

4) Ripley's Believe it or Not. It's a nice little tour with some really cool stuff. Even though I've done it before, I still do it every time that I go to the Dells. It's a good time and they offer group rates. The hours of operation are yet unknown.

5) Pirate's Cove mini Golf. Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm always game for a good round of mini-golf. They too are open till October.

6) Timber Falls mini golf is right across from Pirate's Cove and probably cheaper. I was there last year and they have a couple other things too. I am not sure of the dates of operation for this place yet.

Now for the places that you would have to leave your car behind, I know I wouldn't want to like with the Army Ducks, I can stay behind and keep an eye on things. I have done all these things already, so it wouldn't bother me to stay behind and "babysit."

Also kids, there is a place that has passes. Now, these passes are $10 each and have a TON of buy one get one free stuff on them. Rob and I bought these last time and saved over $200 each in one weekend by using them.

Also, I should mention that if someone doesn't feel like staying at the Kalahari and feels obligated to go camping, go for it! We can make up some sort of loose itinerary to keep everyone on track. If you don't wanna show up for a planned, group event, then don't.

What are the thoughts on this?

Again, please give me your feedback. I need to know what you think so I can make this enjoyable for everyone.

Pics from last years meet:
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/ ... et%202006/

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks Neil:

You have a new baby don't you? I'm hoping that means family are welcome too. I'd be game to join in the weekend., so count me in.

Anywhere near there we might get some track time?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
andystart said:
Thanks Neil:

You have a new baby don't you? I'm hoping that means family are welcome too. I'd be game to join in the weekend., so count me in.

Anywhere near there we might get some track time?
Yeah, the whole fam-damily will be there. Bring who you like.

I'm afraid the only track time we're going to get is in a go-kart. Sorry.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE!

So.......you guys love me, right? C'mon........say it!! Say how much you love your pudgy, left-hand-shifting, event planning buddy named Neil.

Well, ok, you don't have to say it, but I know you're all gonna be thinking it. Check the flavor that i'm bringin...............

Kalahari Resort.

Get there Friday night, September 14th. Stay until Sunday the 16th. That is 2 nights stay at the resort.

Now follow along kids, get out your calculators.........
How does $65 per person, for the whole weekend sound? That is 4 people per room, AND it includes a waterpark pass.

Or, you can get your own room for $258 for the whole weekend including waterpark passes.

So basically, I could sell used tires to an Amish guy. Or perhaps running shoes to a dude in a wheelchair. Either way, I know how to kiss ass. lol

So, what do you guys think? That's probably the best deal I can get out of them.

Oh, also, the Kalahari has video monitored parking lots 24/7 and they also have roaming security patrol day and night.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I might be interested funds permitting, but isnt that the same time a HIN is gonna be in Minneapolis.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HIN in Minneapolis? I've never heard of such a thing? I better get to their website and check on that!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I stand corrected!!

http://www.hincity.com/events/event.asp ... 20F2ER0MF5

This must be the first year for it. Anyways, it looks like it's the weekend before. Damn. Now I really have some cleaning to do. Two weeks in a row! Boy, the wife isn't gonna be happy about this one! :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Neil said:
Well, I stand corrected!!

http://www.hincity.com/events/event.asp ... 20F2ER0MF5

This must be the first year for it. Anyways, it looks like it's the weekend before. Damn. Now I really have some cleaning to do. Two weeks in a row! Boy, the wife isn't gonna be happy about this one! :rolleyes1:
Yep it's the first year for it there. If it's 2 weekends in a row I probably wont go, I dont have the money to drive all the way down there from Fargo two weekends in a row. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cbp_crx said:
Neil, you can count me in as well, I might bring up a couple guys with rexs from down here too.
Down here where? LOL, anyways, I will set up an official sign up on here when the time is right.

Thanks for showing interest guys!!! I can't wait to see what turn out we have.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE

If your name is on the list and you need it removed, just pm me and I'll get it taken care of.

Neil and family (2.5)
turk
cbp_crx (3)
halloweenkid
sweetj

I will post a phone number and other info once I get in touch with the Kalahari again. I need to know about how many rooms first. These are 4 person, 2 queen bed rooms. There is a pullout, but I think it's extra if you tell them you're using it.

RESERVE YOUR OWN ROOMS!!

Here's a break down of the prices:
Friday 14th: $119
Saturday 15th: $139
the above prices DO INCLUDE waterpark passes for everyone in the room.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cbp_crx said:
anymore updates?
Sorry I haven't responded sooner. Life's been busy.

No major updates as of yet. Just in the process of planning the fun run, and getting more hook ups.

So far, we have group discounts for the Dells Ducks, and I am working on getting a helicopter so we can get a kickass arial shot of the group.

Andystart, you're killin me! lol Well, if you have a way to swing it, let us know! The more the merrier!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This may sound wierd but, i'd like to make the drive out there from Milwaukee with whoever is going from around here. Maybe hang out for a little while. Can't stay, unfortunately, but it would be nice to meet everyone and check out all the rexs.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.