Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to repaint my molding because the last [potty mouth] that owned this CRX decided it was a good idea to spray paint both bumpers without atleast taping up the molding, so basically there's silver spray paint all over my molding and what I wanna know is who has repainted there molding and how did they do it?

EDIT by stickershop - Please be mindful of your language.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
First, have you tried wiping off the overspray with a bit of solvent first? Maybe laquer thinner on a rag? (don't get any on the rest of the paint).

If that doesn't work, throughly clean the mouldings (getting rid of any oil or tar) and lightly sand them with a 220 grit sandpaper. Cover and mask off anywhere where you don't want to get any overspray. Respray the mouldings with your choice of paint. Maybe a black bumper paint? Anyone got any suggestions? If you have to use a primer on the front bumper, make sure you use black primer (if you can find some), so that rock chips won't show.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You can keep the molding on. Just take your time taping everything off and get a lot of newspaper. I believe there is an article on this exact subject with pics over at Honda-Tech.com.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joshman said:
You can keep the molding on. Just take your time taping everything off and get a lot of newspaper. I believe there is an article on this exact subject with pics over at Honda-Tech.com.
i searched molding, paint molding, molding paint and got nothing.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
savestheday21 said:
would i have to take the molding off or no?
That would save you the trouble of masking and having to worry about overspray on the side mouldings. The mouldings on the bumpers don't come off those, so you'd still have to mask them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts