Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically theyre considering making a crx out of the fit chassis.

http://news.windingroad.com/body-styles ... -at-honda/

personally, i dont see how the 2 door UK civic wouldnt already fill this, other than the name seeing that its already built off the Fit chassis.

with the Remix concept already shown, hondas yet to be debuted at geneva but officially reported compact sports hybrid, and the insight (my unofficial crx successor) being long overdue for a replacement, and other tidbits of news, it will be interesting to see what comes out.

but im still skeptical of anything.

·
Registered
778 Posts
yeah, rumors keep popping up all the time, but the Fit chassis would make a nice match. didn't they already have a civic 2door hatch at the same time as the CRX?

i'm looking at a Civic Si, but if a CRX comes out, i'll get one of those instead.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
a serious design proposal is under way at the company's R&D design studios
Awesome! I can't wait to see this new crx! I'm so excited, I'm going to go ask my local dealer if I can put a deposit down on it today! It must be true because I read it on the internet...AGAIN! :lol:

I won't even believe it when I see a concept vehicle. Only when I see it on the showroom floor will I really believe all the new crx nonsense. :rolleyes1:

Ti Rider said:
So what will they call this one - the CR-Y?
It will never be a CRX....maybe "CR-P" :rotflmao:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Should i add CR-P to the filter? :p

Anyway, i do have high hopes for Hondas R&D department... Is it real? unlikely.... but if it IS real, and they are basing it off the FIT chassis, then i have no doubt that it'll be light(ish), nimble, and a very fun car to drive... Give Honda SOME credit, afterall guys... the Fit DOES actually handle pretty well for what it is... hell, it might actually be MORE capable than the CRX.... (ducking)

Well, i'm basing that off of Gran Turismo (yea, i know)... i can get my Fit in GT to handle WAY better than my CRX, and at equal power levels, the Fit flat outruns the CRX... sooooooo....

yea, i know, its a video game... but STILL! :p

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I won't be surprised if someone pops up soon with a modified fit. Reduce the wheel base by about 300mm or so, lower and crop the roofline, remove rear seats, toss in a basic cage to stiffen up the chassis that you just cut and rewelded, and bam, next gen cr....x?

·
Registered
734 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Nice Y-49 they have pictured there......

:D
Because it's a brand new one! That's one of Honda's beauty shots (for sales brochures, etc.) from when the car was new. I used to have that exact shot as my desktop background when I owned a Y-49.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
somebody else pointed out the article states that they are simply planning the possible return of the CRX to maximize the use of the NEXT Fit platform.

it makes so much more sense now.

it just seems that while the FUTURE fit model is on the drawing board, to plan a sporty 3 door version along with it.

my first impression was also that a CRX should be based off the CIVIC chassis. but looking at the civic now, it really doesnt fit since its such a bigger car now.

and i think a 4dr fit and 3 dr "crx" variant would be much in line with the earlier civic/crx models. being that they were cheap, and economic with good and simple honda engineering.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
tyson said:
i think a 4dr fit and 3 dr "crx" variant would be much in line with the earlier civic/crx models. being that they were cheap, and economic with good and simple honda engineering.
That's what i miss most and i believe what made the early Civics and the CRX so popular.
They were cheap but still well made, economical, with simple Honda engineering. I would like to see Honda move revert back somehat to that train of thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.