Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys generally like the pictures I take, so I thought I'd share my latest "news".

I just got back from a photo review with one of my teachers, whom is a professional photographer himself.
He asked if I would like to enter some pictures into an exposition for next month. There was a compitition a while back. And the winners would have their work on display. I didn't enter. There were some seriously pretty pictures in the contest, and I felt I simply couldn't compete.

Seems that some people got ahold of some of my work, and are asking me directly to display some of my work. They aparently liked the atmosphere and setup of some of the pictures I took recently.

TO give you an idea...these are non-car related. (small exceptions)

They're looking for 15 pictures in 3 categories to choose from. So I have my work cut out for me if I want to be in it.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I honestly have no idea. I know it's commercial work tho.

Oftentimes here in holland, a company, or even the city, hires a group of artists to cover up large walls that are prone to graffitti vandalism.
Instead they turn the walls into pieces of art. It seems to work, cause the street code of honor is to never paint over someone else's work.

There are some abandoned buildings that they boarded up, and had someone paint a shop window on the boards so it looks occupied.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SETI20 said:
I honestly have no idea. I know it's commercial work tho.

Oftentimes here in holland, a company, or even the city, hires a group of artists to cover up large walls that are prone to graffitti vandalism.
Instead they turn the walls into pieces of art. It seems to work, cause the street code of honor is to never paint over someone else's work.

There are some abandoned buildings that they boarded up, and had someone paint a shop window on the boards so it looks occupied.
oh yeah, i know, i just asked because im a graff writer as well and that the work looks awfully familiar. really nice pics though!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I never knew you were in Holland. To avoid sounding like I know what im talking about, Whats a big city you close to? I may be living in/near Rotterdam in about 4 years.(if im lucky)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wasuri said:
I never knew you were in Holland. To avoid sounding like I know what im talking about, Whats a big city you close to? I may be living in/near Rotterdam in about 4 years.(if im lucky)
Im sure you mean Seti, but in case not, i live/paint Newark, NJ/Nyc. figures why ive had 3 project rex's stolen from me, i gotta move.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Paul said:
SETI20 said:
do you have this pic in 1024X768

id love to use that as my wallpaper

wonderful picture..that really catches my eye
im with paul id like this in 1024X768 for a wallpaper if you got it

·
Registered
69 Posts
nice thanx

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another night of clicking.

It's starting to get really cold. Wich is good. Means less hazy...clearer pics.
Most of these were even taken witch a telezoom lense!

To anybody, I can REALLY reccomend you download the FREE adobe photoshop lightroom 4 beta.
Those dudes at adobe kick booty! Workflow management, and quick picture post-production. You can export it directly into photoshop CS if you need some serious tinkering.
I have a couple of presets that I could load in lightroom directly.
It seriously kicks ass.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.