Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to cleaning up my wires in the passenger footwell tonight, got an ECU cover and trimmed/tucked it all nicely down there... but I have a leak!

It wasn't terrible, but the foam/rubbery insulation stuff was pretty gross, so I took it out. I plan on taking out all the dynomat anyway, so maybe it will save me some work later on. The water was mostly closer to the passenger seat, it was wet on top of the carpet. Anybody know where it could be coming from? It feels like it MIGHT be flowing down the wheel well, but I dont know. Could it come it from the hood hinge area on that side? I always notice water pooling there, and I know the hinges on that side have a tendency to rust out.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Does your car have a/c? the little drain tube under the evap core may have gotten out of place.
Or maybe a leaking heater core?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Look at your seam sealer around your hood hinge, it is most likely cracked in some areas there. The fix, is of course to pull off the hood, pop off the hinges, remove all the sealer from that area, and get some new seam sealer from a body shop supply company, and re-seal the entire thing, and most importantly, around the hinge. And then re-spray that area with paint.

This is something i've seen happen a few times...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.