Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, who's got a bike, what is it? I'm about to get 2 bikes, the Nighthawk 650 I mentioned, and a Honda 350 from crxgator. Before the CRX motorcycles were my thing, and I'm really missing them now that the weather is nice.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What year Nighthawk? My first bike was a 84 Nighthawk 650, loved it. Got to watch that shaft drive in the curves :shock:. Sold it and got a 90 CBR 600 loved that bike even more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I used to have an 88 slingshot(suzuki gsxr 750) a few years back.I was also looking to get a bike again,but insurance is just a little expensive right now. With the weather warming up though it definitely does bring back memories.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Nighthawk is actually a red 84 650! I used to have an 84 700S Nighthawk as well, I had to sell it when I got the rex, I really wish I could have kept it. It was a fast, good handling bike, smooth and sleeper. It would beat my roommate's Katana 600 hands down, and was still comfortable for long (5+ hour) drives.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I've been frantically looking for a good deal on the right bike. I want an older CBR F3. The perfect one would be a '96 with the red/white/black color scheme, but they seem to be pretty rare. Reading about a couple of you guys getting bikes, I just can't stand it. I've been telling myself every year for the past 3 or 4 that I would be getting one. But it's never happened. Maybe this is the one!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
crxfisher said:
I've been frantically looking for a good deal on the right bike. I want an older CBR F3. The perfect one would be a '96 with the red/white/black color scheme, but they seem to be pretty rare. Reading about a couple of you guys getting bikes, I just can't stand it. I've been telling myself every year for the past 3 or 4 that I would be getting one. But it's never happened. Maybe this is the one!
make it so! you'll be happy you did. (just don't crash!)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
downest said:
Actually, it would be better to say "don't think you won't crash." Everyone who rides knows there are 2 kinds of bikers...
those that have crashed
...and those that will ??

·
Registered
416 Posts
I use to have a bike when I was going to college but sold it before I left. I wasn't to worried about riding my bike around campus but there was no way I was going to ride it in St. Louis. I had a 98 Yamaha FZR600R, jet black with very low miles. I loved having a bike on campus cause you could practicaly park anywhere you wanted.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SETI20 said:
Exactly.

And everyone will tell you it hurts like a mofo.
Especially without proper protection.
Actually, it's not that bad with the right protection. I put my Honda XL250 down when I was 15, wearing an open faced helmet with sunglasses and a T-shirt, on a dirt road. That hurt, my whole left arm was missing skin and rashy, and the helmet disintegrated, the sunglasses left a hairline cut all around my eye. In November 2004, I lowsided my Nighthawk on pavement. I was wearing my Honda riding jacket with armour (was a week old) and gloves, helmet, etc. My head didn't touch the ground, I sort of put my arm out and slid on my left side. The jacket has 2 small holes in it from the friction heat, but I wasn't really hurt. My roommate slid his Katana going 75mph, wearing full gear, and walked away with a bruise the size of a fist on his ass. He was sliding feet first, thought he had stopped and tried to stand up, he was still going about 30mph and rolled over, it was kind of funny.

·
Registered
125 Posts
MOTORCYCLES...= :D :D :D

I've had 10 of those 2-wheeled addictions (yes, I was revelling in the past the other day and actually counted them) and couldn't imagine not having one.

I just sold this last september:

and kick myself in the ass for it, so when the weather turned nice again about 6 weeks ago, I bought this:

then I realized me and my 36 year old ass prefer the more upright, comfy riding position....

So...last weekend I purchased this:

and couldn't be happier. :D

bryman<----ready to get on 2 wheels right now and ride

·
Registered
494 Posts
Geez. I guess I don't really fit in here. I'm built for comfort, not speed, so that's why I need a bike like this.

So the next time you guys go whizzin buy doing wheelies, I'll be bringing up the rear. Just cruisin, listening to my CD's, enjoying my intercom system and loving my 1200 cc.

:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Dang, Neil. Does that thing have A/C? Biking is fun no matter what you're riding. And just because you ride a sport bike doesn't mean you have to go fast. ;)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
this is just my lich

had a 03 zx6r 636 ninja that i bought new. . . . . just got rid of it yesterday.... got an 86 monte carlo ss drag car..... runs 11's i loved my bike but i have had it for 3 years and it hasnt killed me yet..... i think i am beating the odds.. . . .

just knew this bike thread would come up the day after i sold mine. . .

Chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.