·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have to be the nicest looking wheels ive found, ever, and there mugen

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hell Yeah brother !!! I finaly found my set a couple months back. Perfect in minty mint, never mounted and still in boxes condition. Good luck and I hope you bid for them.

My Sunday wheels. Mugen CF-48's

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would bid if i had a grand sitting in front of me. The thing is that the car has been burning a big hole in my pocket and im in the hole do to all the repairs. Maybe next time i see a set i will. (When that will be i dont know.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I guess we all have our own opinions. But this is definately one of those wheels that can never be considerd RICE. The Mugen CF-48's were some of the hardest wheels to obtain fatcory option when the CR-X was released. The only way to get the 15"s where to go to Japan.

This is some Old School harcore stuff that maybe some of you younger guys will never understand. But if you dont realy like those or appreciate the them, then you should realy question calling yourself a CR-X enthusisist. Considering Mugen and Honda are like 2 hands that wash each other.

The CF-48's are finned like a turbo in that manner for the reasons.
1. To disapate the heat from the rotor, and that means....the heat absorbed thru the wheel, gets quenched.
2. With the plastic cover they create a vaccum that when rotated at road speeds help add a cooling effect to the rotor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
mvm said:
Well I guess we all have our own opinions. But this is definately one of those wheels that can never be considerd RICE. The Mugen CF-48's were some of the hardest wheels to obtain fatcory option when the CR-X was released. The only way to get the 15"s where to go to Japan.

This is some Old School harcore stuff that maybe some of you younger guys will never understand. But if you dont realy like those or appreciate the them, then you should realy question calling yourself a CR-X enthusisist. Considering Mugen and Honda are like 2 hands that wash each other.

1. To disapate the heat from the rotor, and that means....the heat absorbed thru the wheel, gets quenched.
2. With the plastic cover they create a vaccum that when rotated at road speeds help add a cooling effect to the rotor.
I never knew that part about the heat dissapation, pretty cool in my opinion. I think the rims are ugly too, but I also know the rarity of them, especially with a set of the aero covers. Those things are near impossible to find anymore, much less in good shape with the logo intact. Myself, I have a set of 14" silver MR5s, but I really want 15" MR5s in black with the center caps and lug caps. One day...

Nice find, later,

- short-A

·
Registered
566 Posts
the function is weak. and they look ugly on top of that.

you can have some regular 5 spoke wheels (or more, just something that has fairly large space between spokes. and it will cool just as well, if not better. add brake ducts and the "function" of the mugens is blown out of the water.

still not hookin me...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I had a set of mint 15" CF-48's in gun-metal with the polished lip (the rarest of all the variations of the CF-48's)...and I loved them to death, but I just couldn't see myself rolling on them. They're better suited to the 84-87 Civic's/CRX's in my opinion. I sold them last spring so someone else could enjoy them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
mvm said:

I don't think they are rice, I think they are ugly. Being hard to find does not make up for less than attractive looks, for me, and neither does the word "Mugen".

Luckily, I *don't* call myself a CR-X "enthusisist"...I guess I'm more of an "enthusiast". What's so "Old School and harcore" about a set of wheels? Why are they more "harcore" than other wheels? What is so mystical about them that a younger guy will "never understand"? Why does not liking the looks of one set of wheels mean I should question whether or not I really like the CRX as much as I think I do?

I've heard preachers discuss the Bible in less serious terms than you're using to talk about these Mugen wheels. You certainly don't need to question anybody on this site regarding their enthusiasm for the CRX just because they don't share your opinion regarding the aesthetics of a set of wheels. Seriously.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Power of Christ Compels You.

Dont take it serious, I was just trying to play around abit. Haha :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.