1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only view you guys will have .. since youll all be behind me !! :lol:

and again... still behind me !!! :p funny, 3 CR-X's this picture... hmmm

Ill keep you posted with my progress.

Soon to be painted flat black, installing roll cage, finishing off the B20Vtec Turbo Build.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a Frankenstien Build that I get alot of grief about because most people dont understand whats going on in my head and why its taking so long. lol

The head work:

B16 Head
Ported and Polished
5 angle valve job
Tapperd valves
Ferrera Vtec roller eliminator system
Ferrera stainless steel competition valves
Ferrera locator caps, locks & retainers
Ferrera springs
Milled 2k

Cryogenic work? umm maybe.

Still undecided on an Intake Manifold, Camshafts, and Throttle body.

Also, does anyone know if changing the lost motion assemblies or making new ones with different spring rates would make any difference in the reaction of the valvetrain?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B20Z Block
Crowler stroker kit
8.1 compression
Coated pistons

Solid Deck Conversion ? Still debating my options. Might just use a block guard and stud the block like nascar does..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres my first look at it. Im not bringing it home for a couple. Its definately a project, I hope shes a fighter !!!

You may be asking yourself... why?

I say why not? :p

1991 Honda Civic Wagon

The famous D-Series

Manual Transmission

For the most part it is decent interior. Im not big on blue though.

No passenger side mirror.

Stock steelies, with out of date tires.

My goal is simple. Its all about form and function. I have a growing family and I have mad love for EF's. So it only made sense to me.

The plans as of right now, is just to get it running smooth.

Future plans always seem to change, but here are some possiblities.

-Body work, painted bumper, tinted windows.
-Dropping the car, very mild.
-Custom exhaust work.
-B20Z with a Cable Transmission. Im think'n B20 cause of the torque it makes and the cost is about half of any B-Series V-TEC.

-Konig Heliums mounted with Toyo T1'S

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Automatic <_< , Power windows, Sunroof, Stock Alloys, Lous Custom Exhaust, New Radiator, New Headlights, Body is in Ok shape. No radio, No Speakers.

Black on Black

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merrimack Valley Motorsports - Preparing a B16 Head for LS-VTEC
March 27, 2006

;) Keeping it Simple.

Reminder these pictureswhere taken in my kitchen after the work was done. Simply because of bad lighting in the machine shop.

Step 1
This is your basic B16 head in mid tear down. Pretty much exactly how you should have it sent to the machine shop before setting it up for an LS-VTEC conversion.

Step 2
Hot-tanked and cleaned, ready for installation.

Step 3
Now, looking at the bottom of our B16 cylinder head, you should notice the oil feed journal which you do not have on your Non-Vtec cylinder head (Marked in RED). You are going to block this for our Vtec conversion. To do this, you must thread this journal using a 1/8" pip tap and inserting a 1/8" Allen pipe plug.

Step 4
You should now remove the Allen plug from the Intake side of the cylinder head (Marked in BLUE). After that you must insert a -6AN to 3/8" fitting in this location. This is where your new oil line feed will run into.

Step 5
The dowells from the exhaust side must be removed and soon to be used on the intake side (Marked in GREEN). This is so the Vtec head can be mounted and lined up properly on your Non Vtec Block. Drill the head stud holes on the intake side to 14MM wide and only 10MM deep.

Step 6
Have the head surface 1K, to eliminate all the rough edges and old head gasket material. It should look like this when done.

CYLINDER HEAD OPTIONS
These are the most common (but not all) vehicles in which to find a DOHC VTEC B-Series head:
B16A JDM 1989-1991 Civic SiR/SiRII/CRX SiR
B16A JDM 1990-1993 Integra Rsi/Xsi
B16A JDM 1992-1995 Civic SiR/SiRII
B16A JDM 1992-1995 Ferio Si/SiII/SiR/RTSi 4WD
B16A JDM 1992-1997 CRX del Sol SiR
B16A JDM 1996-2000 Civic SiR/SiRII
B16B JDM 1998-2000 Civic Type-R
B18C JDM 1994-1995 Integra Si-VTEC
B18C JDM 1996-1997 Integra SiR-G
B18C JDM 1996-2000 Integra Type R
B16A3 USDM 1994-1997 del Sol DOHC VTEC
B16A2 USDM 1999-2000 Civic Si
B17A1 USDM 1992-1993 Integra GS-R
B18C1 USDM 1994-2001 Integra GS-R
B18C5 USDM 1997-2001 Integra Type R (exclude 1999)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Is there some reason the above 6 posts (over a 12 minute period no less) couldn't have been assembled as a single long post? I'm not sure what the site's policy on padding your post count is, but come on...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well hey nice to meet you too.

I realy wasnt sure if it was going to offend anyone here. Com'on now, gimme a break, I just signed on yesterday !! Im just trying to be a part of a new community and already theres somebody with a grief. hahah j/k :lol: Also, I dont care about my post count, wouldnt bother me if it said ZERO.

The reason why I did that is cause I copied and pasted alot from my own web site and it kept reseting itself and wouldnt keep the information I had already pasted. Could it be my internet service??

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I was thinking the same thing... "holy post-whore Batman!" lol

did you use seperate windows to copy and paste?

Anyway, looks like some fun projects there. I don't have time or money for more than one right now, but a wagovan would be kinda sweet. I'd love to build one into a boosted B-series dragger... would be a very nice sleeper, haha.

welcome

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha, I guess I can be a POST WHORE at times. haha

At least most of it can be usefull. I try to post as much tech as possible with my posts.

Thanks for the welcome, I hope I can be of some help here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Richrowa said:
Cant you get post adapters instead of having to drill them out?
Yes, now its available through Golden Eagle and ect. But a about 10 years ago we were some of the first ones doing LSVTEC swaps and would have to do it this way. Its a method I myself prefer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Do you guys know what this is? Im gonna have a lot of fun tuning this beast when its done. Its just taking alot of money for my particular build and time which I dont seem to have these days.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, this is the heart of the whole project. Retail for this is about $985. for starters. Then you need their whole valve train and camshafts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.