Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on the key the ecu blinks once and thats it.

Does it sound like I have the right ECU for my engine?

Is the ECU suspose to only blink once?

How can I tell if I have any error code?

TIA

Bob

·
Registered
191 Posts
If your check engine light is on then the blink is an error code. If it's not on then it's most likely a startup blink to say "yes, I am on".

·
Registered
779 Posts
jfrolang said:
That's normal. A PM8 is a stock HF ECU, your engine isn't making the power it could be with the proper ECU (P06, would require an OBD-1 conversion).
Or PM6, which would sorta be the OBD0 equivalent.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
Totally not worth the money for a D15B7. I don't really care about 'it's gotta be the perfect ecu' because sometimes you can't justify the 70$ ecu and 150$ conversion kit, or a 100$ chipped ecu for it when a 20$ PM6 can do the same trick and will run just as good.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
ludesrv said:
mattminerDOTcom said:
Totally not worth the money for a D15B7. I don't really care about 'it's gotta be the perfect ecu' because sometimes you can't justify the 70$ ecu and 150$ conversion kit, or a 100$ chipped ecu for it when a 20$ PM6 can do the same trick and will run just as good.
$100 chipped ecu? what? you can chip a pm6 for like 10 bucks or less. I could make that bin file in like 2 minutes for his car, then jam it in and run like stock.

not like we are talking a chipped p28 here....

[email protected]

·
Registered
779 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
ludesrv said:
mattminerDOTcom said:
$100 chipped ecu? what? you can chip a pm6 for like 10 bucks or less. I could make that bin file in like 2 minutes for his car, then jam it in and run like stock.

not like we are talking a chipped p28 here....

[email protected]
When I went to price a chipped PM6 I was told 100$. I then went to OBD1 when I learned that you can't tune above 8000rpm on OBD0.

Knowning you could of done them for 10$ I would of stayed OBD0...well maybe not anymore since my new RPM target.

Either way, yes, you will see a gain from going PM6 ecu only. Infact, it will act more like an Si then an Hf.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
yeah you looked in the wrong spot, and yes the limit is like 78xx rpm on the obd0 ecus..

anyway softwar eis better obd1, but for getting a stock rom on the car chipped pm6 would be perfecto.

even a non chipped pm6 would be a marked improvement.

[email protected]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the engine stamp all I can see is 15B7!

It does have a silver 16valve, valve cover!

It is NOT a very fast car, but I believe it has the HF tranny. (85 MPH in 2nd gear) but it gets good MPG, in the low to mid 40's most of the time, got over 50 once, the worest has been right at 40mph.

Where would I find a good PM6, I have looked on ebay, there are lots but a little pricey.

Bob

·
Registered
58 Posts
i also drive a Crx Hf with a D15b7 and PM6 swapped into it, still obd0, with the pm8 it'll pretty much still run like a stock HF, with the pm6 running it its pretty close to the power of a d16a6, i'm also using an SI tranny though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.