Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because mon-fri I hate waking up to the sound of my alarm clock at 6am. I'm tired and don't want to budge no matter if I got 8hours sleep. But... on the weekends, my broken body clock will most times wake me up before the time my alarm clock usually does no matter if I only got 4hours sleep. Why do I hate me so much?

Oh, then sometimes I'll wake up at 2am and toss and turn til 6am before I can go back to sleep. If I wake up in the middle of the night and do not fall back asleep within the first 10 seconds, I'm likely in trouble. It's as if given more than 10 seconds to cycle, my brain disengages out of sleep mode and I'm screwed.

Any other insomniacs out there?

Hmmm, I think I've posted about this before.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
not as bad as I used to be. About 3 years ago, my buddies and I were usually working on cars from about 9pm til 6 or 7 am, and then we would all go to school. That screwed me up pretty bad for a while. I got to the point where I couldn't sleep if I tried. Then I got a job working nights... that was the end of sanity for a while, lol.

The past couple nights I have been. I was on spring break this week, and spent the past 2 days working on my car. Last night I was dreaming about Bondo, and where the high and low spots were... sadly, I think I knew them all in the dreams... it would wake me up and leave me wanting to fix m, lol.

My fiance has had issues in the past. She was actually prescribed meds for it. She's better these days, but were kinda strapped cash-wise, so its making everything difficult, and taking a toll on her sleeping.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I too have bad sleep problems. I NEVER feel refreshed. Never get enough sleep. I wake up at least 5-10 times every night. Sometimes it's much worse. I hate that we need sleep. This summer will be even worse when the new baby comes.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SETI,
I think you're on to something. There are things I've done in my past, cars I have stolen, people I have cheated, stepped on, neglected, killed *ahem I mean forgotten about, that now haunt most every waking moment. Seriously though, I do have alot bouncing around in my gourd.

Wasuri,
I kinda like your diagnosis better. With age doesn't necessarily come wisdom but surely sleep disorders. Ya know, I gotta quit lettin' my 24yr old gf and her 21-25yr old gf's drag me out to the bars/clubs. I saw zero fun in that since a few years ago. But, what are you gonna do when you're being led by the hand by a bunch of hip hop cravin' alcohol thirstin' ladies? They're all still asleep. Pops has been up since 6am moping around.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Does that bed really work?

Sorry heu for the threadjack...

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I have insomnia... often I spend 4 or 5 days awake. I don't have the attention to try and sleep, but I don't have anything else to do. There have been nights when I've actually just sat in bed with my laptop and read every post on a couple of Honda-Tech forums... yeah it's bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
downest said:
There have been nights when I've actually just sat in bed with my laptop and read every post on a couple of Honda-Tech forums... yeah it's bad.
Bad bad insomnia indeed! :twisted:

For professional reasons sometimes I have to stay up till late exchanging correspondence or calls with people in places as far west as California and just imagine MU being GMT +4! And by the time I'm done it's like 4am and the funny thing is, I don't feel tired after that. So I start corresponding to people on the other side of the globe like Malaysia where I am actually too early for them! A nice shower keeps me going but when I go to my office I need to lock my door and turn my chair away from the desk and take an extended power nap and of course, no calls for a good couple of hours.

And yes, ageing does not help - the body asks for forgiveness after a while!

JP

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i've never understood it, but as long as wherever I am is not super noisy, I can always fall asleep. My body just seems to love to sleep, I usually get about 5-6 hours and it doesn't really matter when I go to bed. The time varies from day to day, sometimes 10 pm when I've had a very physically demanding day at work, sometimes 3-4 am when I'm out with friends. I feel bad for some of you guys, if I had trouble sleeping I would probably lose my mind. My ex-girlfriend had a hell of a time sleeping, and I really do believe in the "bad concience" theory that seti mentioned. If there are events / actions / memories weighing heavy on you, more often you'll need to solve those issues before great sleep is going to happen. It was definately a hard uphill battle.

Good luck and good night..... 8)

·
Registered
257 Posts
i just bought this

Features:

* SoundSpa platinum helps you fall asleep faster and wake completely rested
* Choose from 6 natural soothing sounds: Ocean, Waterfall, Summer Night, Rain Forest, Thunder, and Rain
* Atomic Time is always accurate
* Time projects on the wall or ceiling with a soothing blue light
* AM/FM clock radio with LCD display and CD player

hopefully it will help...I hate losing sleep..and I have been losing alot lately. Up all night it seems.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I bought a box of industrial foam ear plugs. Not only do i not hear my wife's snoring, but I don't hear my own. :lol: At first it was strange because you hear your own breathing. After a few nights I got used to it and I fall asleep very fast. Sorta like meditating to sleep.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sleep? whats that? I have a year old son, and a soon to be 6 year old daughter.. 7:30 am sharp everyday!

Actualy though.. I really dont have any trouble sleeping.. I just wish I could fall asleep instantly.. I had a friend who could lay down, close his eyes, and be asleep and snoring inside of 30 seconds.. it was amazing to me. I wish I could just shut down on command and sleep..

It usually takes me 20-30 minutes to be asleep... My wife and I got the "nautilus sleeping system" matress for a wedding present.. so she can have her "side" set how she likes, and I have my settings.. and I would have to agree.. money spent on a quality matress, or on one of these specialty beds is worth every penny!!

I used to have a waterbed.. and I know most people who have slept on a water bed hated it! waterbeds were always a love hate thing with people.. I absolutely loved my california king size water bed!! man I miss it! but.. the bed we have right now is a very close second to me.

later

Sneak

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
We got an adjustable air mattress (Anderson) and topped it with 3" of viscoelastic foam (like Tempurpedic material) from Amazon. Then we put a heavy wool mattress pad to keep cool in the summr and warm in the winter (and it wicks away any perspiration). I agree. Invest in a decent bed.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jonny_Black said:
* SoundSpa platinum helps you fall asleep faster and wake completely rested
* Choose from 6 natural soothing sounds: Ocean, Waterfall, Summer Night, Rain Forest, Thunder, and Rain
I can't say with absolute certainty that it wont but i don't think that would work for me. The sounds would only later wake me up. See, not only does my body clock hate me, so does my mind and my ears.

Mind) If I have a dream that doesn't make sense to me, I'll start questioning it and next thing you know I realize it's a dream then I wake up.

Ears) I can sleep through a thunderstorm but if I hear any sound that's out of the ordinary like a door creeking open, I'll wake up.

Know what? Alcohol doesn't even help me sleep passed 7ish. I can come home drunk at 3am and still be up before someone who went to sleep at 10pm the night before. I just cannot sleep unless it's on a day I know I have to go to work. That's why I say my brain hates me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've always had problems sleeping. I think mine came from when I was a kid though. My mom would put me to bed around 8ish. I would hear everything that they were doing and always feel like I was missing something, and she didn't normally go to bed until after 2ish. I cannon sleep with variating sound or light.

I slept every day in highschool, except by maybe two weeks, because of this behavior. I don't even fall asleep quickly after 17 hours of straight work.

Ambien has worked well the couple of times I've used it. Very heavy excersise is the absolute best, especaily all nightendurance runs ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have no trouble sleeping. If anything I sleep too much. I'll sleep 10-12 hours, then take a one hour nap the next day during school semesters. When I'm working I usually try to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. That way if I stay up too late one night I'm still not that bad off. I do have a problem with never feeling rested though. I always feel like I should go back to bed.

What I've found is when that happens for a prolonged amount of time, I just really need to catch up on sleep. My record for straight sleeping is 18 hours of pure conked out bliss. Afterwards I always feel like a new man.

Weirdly enough, the most comfortable bed I've found of late is my cheap 40$ air mattress I'm using up at my apartment. I love the thing.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
oh man, If I come home drunk, I'm wide awake at 6AM sharp.

Now, our cats wake us up at about 6, and don't leave us alone til we feed them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts